The Last Stand

Star Wars Man

(Can these be about anything? Because I have a good story for Half Life 2 that I'd like to share :))

Time: 8:27 A.M.

Year: 1 AG (After-Gordon)

Characters:

AX-157 (Company Leader) [Nickname: Boss]

BH-128 (Heavy Assault) [Nickname: Kicker]

JK-902 (Sniper) [Nickname: Hawkeye]

Setting: 2 Days Into Human Uprising

*Incoming Transmission*

Mission Assignment: Several Human Command Centers have been pinpointed for assault. Sectors A-D have been shelled and destroyed, however E appears to have survived. Clean-up is necessary.

Tactical Breakdown:

22 Total Targets

-12 Humans w/ SMGs

-8 Humans w/Assault Rifles

-2 Human Snipers

Fortifications:

2 Artillery Guns Facing North

Unknown Amount of AAAA

Mountain 1287-12

Mission: Critical.

Failure: unavailable.

*Transmission Ends*

-On-board Ariel Troop Carrier "Olympus"-

"Sir, we've gotten ourselves deep, haven't we?" yelled Kicker.

"No, we'll see worse in the coming days." Boss yelled back.

"30 SECONDS!!!" blared the Klaxon.

"Get ready to jump, boys. We have to neutralize those Artillery and AAAA before reinforcements can arrive. Stay close, and stay sharp" yelled Boss.

"Yes, sir" Kicker and Hawkeye said in unison.

The lumbering Troop Carrier slowly makes its way atop the mountain. However, anti-air prevents it from reaching the top.

"Sir, the AAAA is too much. We're going to have to get off a bit before the top." blared the Klaxon.

"Right. Get us there quickly, though. We need speed!" yelled Boss.

"Yes, sir!"

The transport flys to a flat location and drops the troops off. Just as it begins to take off, it's hit broadside by a flak round and explodes violently.

"Well, there goes our escape route. Let's head to the top." Boss said.

"Yes sir"

The three slowly make it to the top of the mountain. It's been strangely quite the whole way.

"Are we even on the right mountain?" said Kicker dryly.

"We'll be near the top soon enough." replied Boss.

The three make it near the top and set up a surveillance camp to watch for activity.

"Sir, I've got something." replied Hawkeye.

"Right. Human?"

"Yes, what else could it be."

"Keep an eye on it. See where it goes, and if it goes to another door shoot it."

"Yes sir."

However, the human does not go to another door. Instead, it goes to a strange-looking machine with a tarp over it.

"Sir, I've got activity." said Hawkeye.

"Right. What's it is?" said Boss

"The human appears to be...wait...he's uncovering the artillery, sir." replied Hawkeye.

"We move now. Shoot the human and keep us covered. We're going in." said Boss.

"Yes sir" replied Hawkeye.

Boss and Kicker begin moving toward the artillery, while Hawkeye silently shoots the human. However, anther human sees this and runs back into the shelter.

"Dammit!" yelled Hawkeye. "Boss, a human saw me take out the other human. Be prepared for resistance."

"Roger that."

Boss and Kicker move in with a few C-9 detonation charges.

"Plant that one near the tip of the barrel. I'll get the loading mechanism." said Boss.

"Yes, sir. Planting charges." replied Kicker.

The two commandos apply and prime the charges, and move away.

"Sir, my finger is on the button. Tell me when." said Kicker

"Wait....wait....NOW!" yelled Boss.

Kicker press the button, and a flash of light temporary blinds the two commandos.

"One down, one to go." said Kicker.

"Let's find that other artillery." replied Boss.

"Yes, sir."

"Sir, I've got several humans with SMGs heading toward your position. I can pick off a few but you've got some fighting ahead of you." said Hawkeye.

"Roger that, take out as many as you can." replied Boss.

"Yes, sir."

"Kicker, take cover behind that dirt mound. I'll try to lure them into your line of fire." said Boss.

"Yes sir, moving."

Kicker moves behind a small dirt mound, while Boss runs across the field to the other side, luring the humans into Kicker's LOF.

"Firing now."

Kicker lets off several bursts of Shotgun rounds, killing all but one human. That human begins to fire, but as he's about to pull the trigger the side of his head explodes, killing him.

"Got one!" said Hawkeye.

"Nice shot. keep an eye out for more humans." said Boss.

"Yes sir" replied Hawkeye.

Kicker and Boss begin searching for the second artillery piece. After 10 minutes, Kicker finds the second artillery.

"Sir, I've found it. Placing charges now." said Kicker.

"Roger that." replied Boss.

Kicker plants dual charges and hits teh button.

"Target eliminated." said Kicker.

"Roger that, regroup with me over by the human building." replied Boss.

"Yes sir."

Kicker and Boss regroup and head into the human base.

"Sir, I've got eight humans near the middle of the base on the heat detector." said Kicker.

"Roger, are they in any other places?" said Boss.

"No, sir." replied Kicker.

Boss and kicker slowly make their way to the center of the base, being careful to avoid being seen.

"Sir, they're in this next room. I think we can ambush the-"

Suddenly, a human jumps out of a locker and prepares to blast Boss. Kicker fires twice, and the human slumps to the ground.

"They know we are here. We need to get out of this base." said Boss.

"Yes sir" replied Kicker.

Boss and Kicker burst into running and make it out of the base as the humans close in.

"Hawkeye, we've got seven humans on our tail. Pick them off before they come into firing range"

"Yes sir."

Kicker and boss sprint near the edge of the mountain, but see a rocket bearing down on Hawkeye.

"Hawkeye, you've got a missile heading towards you. Pick it off before i-"

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Hawkeye is hit dead-on by the rocket and disintegrates instantly.

"HAWKEYE!!!! NOOO!" screams Boss.

"Sir, we've got to make it down the mountain." said Kicker.

"No, we make our stand here."

"Yes, sir."

Boss and Kicker head to a small group of bushes and crouch down.

"I've got four humans in my LOF. Firing now"

Kicker fires four rounds into the human mob. Three go down, but one manages to get off a shot. The shot hits Kicker in the head, and kills him.

"GOD DAMMIT! YOU STUPID HUMANS!!!!!" screams Boss, and charges into the group, firing wildly. He's hit multiple times, but kills off the rest of the humans before falling himself.

*Tactical Debriefing*

Target: Destroyed

Casualties: 3 Combine, 22 Human

Bombardment: Unnecessary

Notes: Combine team will need to be replaced. Mission was a success. Human command center destroyed.

*End Transmission*

Edited by Star Wars Man

• 4 weeks later...
Pretty good. If I knew about Half Life 2, then I guess I would appreciate it more....but it's still a good read. Post more stories!

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg