[WIP] Rise of Rebellion

How has the combat been improved do you have any screens or movies for it?

Screens? OK!

Here you can see my LUA code for spacebattles. :D

http://home.arcor.de/oivlisr/code.gif

RoR is a Total Conversion, though it looks like EaW. Expect less Command&Conquer-RTS and a more 'realistic' feeling.  Expect quality, not quantity. Internal quality has top priority at the moment.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol that is funny but in all seriousness I was interested in knowing more about the diplomacy you have built into the game, I was also wondering about beta testing as well. I'm not asking for your specific code but I would like to have an idea of the mechanics involved in setting it up because I htink diplomacy would be an important part of the game especially in FOC. I have looked around in trying to setup diplomacy for my mod but I havnt been able to get anywhere so any help you can provide information wise would be a big help.

Not without proud, I can now announce that my spacebattle engine has reached the final state for phase 1 and can now be called complete. Extended bug search will be started soon.

RoR's spacebattle engine contains 'loaded fighter tracking', that is destroyed 'ship-spawned' squadrons remain destroyed on the galaxy map, and the damage system. Significant ship damage is carried over to the galaxy layer. 'Significant ship damage' is the loss of shield generator and/or hyperdrive and hull damage (health < ca 50%).

And some minor changes. ;)

For a first Tech-Demo I need an translator, who changes the English text file.

Now, I will look into the galaxy map engine to finalize some concepts, and kill some annoying bugs.

@sgt. hicks

I hope the Tech-Demo will answer some questions. Patience!

You must have lots of patience to write all that LUAs...

Interesting thid idea of ship damage being carried over to the galaxy layer... You could made them be able to be repaired in Orbital Shipyards... Just an idea though...  ;)

This mod is going to be very very very Impressive when it is finished.

:)

BTW.  Are you still looking for an English Community Manager?

Edited by Foshjedi2004
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

What I would really see is the diplomacy feature!

Well, in the video you can see it.

On the RoR Website you can read it.

In Sw:Rebellion you can play it.  ;D

Of course, it is not 'complete' complete, but now that the really big obstacles are out of the way, I'm going to 'complete' it. ;)

And yes, I'm still looking for an English Community Manager.

Or at least someone to port the upcoming demo to the English SWEaW.

Hi, it's great to see you haven't disappeared. This is one of those mods that everyone should keep an eye out for.

I've got some questions though.

Will Land battles still be in the game?

How many planets will there be and will they be placed in "sectors" like in SW:Rebellion?

Will Space Battles still be the same or do you intend to change certain aspects?

Is researching tech levels now different?

Will Land battles still be in the game?

Not in Phase 1.

How many planets will there be and will they be placed in "sectors" like in SW:Rebellion?

Planets will be placed in sectors. How many? Depends on performance issues. Surely there will be galaxy maps with varying numbers of planets.

Will Space Battles still be the same [...]?

No.

Is researching tech levels now different?

Certainly, but there is no research in Phase 1.

See also the RoR-Homepage -> Features

I would be willing to help you with either translating those, or just rewriting them. I'm good like that  ;D

It's always good to see someone help restore the glory of Star Wars Rebellion.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

I really hope to try it soon!

Can't wait to try it out!

Your wishes come true. ;)

The RoR Tech-Demo is declared as finished.

There are still some bugs in it, of course.

All you need is a clean SWEaW installation with patch 1.5.

Additional thanks to Matthias Wagner, Mike Lankamp and Scorpio9a for their wonderful modding tools.

Happy exploring!

Download Link: http://files.filefront.com//;7070892;;/

PS: The English readme is a little bit shorter than the German one. Sorry for that. ;)

Awesome! Downloading now  ;D

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/codeuser/sigcopy.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar2.jpg

[3:52:33 PM] Arbiter says: Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin would cure all of his diseases....

[3:52:47 PM] Arbiter says: Except with the side effect of probable death.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I hope you release a tutorial on LUA scripting...

Hm, but before that I want to release RoR Phase 1. Sorry, but there is still so much work to do.

I have just eliminated the last lurking CTD.

BTW: Have anyone had this CTD before a tactical battle?

Then there are a few minor things to do, and after another extensive testing phase: AI