Saber Squadron

Controller

Ive been thing about this story line for a fair bit and finally found the time to write at least a little bit of it down. the story is set in a war that starts in the year 2110.

Background

after WWIII finshed in 2010. the war finally ended when the the four world powers (EU, USA, China and Australia)

manged to form a world government the United Nations of Earth(UNE) and the world settled in for a 100 years of peace. but because none of the world powers trusted one each other. war started brewing again. this lasted for 10 years with none of the powers wanting to take the first shots. this has finally ended with china trying to quickly kill off Australia. soon the other powers will get involved and World War IV will have started.

this just the Dramatis Personae and Prologue. which involves China's first attack.

Edit: Chapter 1 is now up

Dramatis Personae (WIP)

Australian Air Force

-Commander John Borlov (Male - Commander of Saber Squadron)

-Captain Kira Lenniera (Female – Executive Officer and Second in Command of Saber Squadron)

-General Prakess (Commander of AAF Fighter Command)

-Commander Marek (Commander of Knight Squadron)

Prologue

Captain John Borlov flow past Fellow Lieutenant Kira Lenniera with a sudden burst of speed, it was just another patrol mission on the northern border of Australia, as if they didn’t have enough of them as it is.

“I don’t know how much more of this I can take” John said over the comm. to Kira

“Well it’s almost over. Another ten minutes and we can be back at base.”

“Yeah I guess.”

He looked down at his sensor and saw two yellow blips moving fast towards him

“Two unidentified craft coming in fast” he said over the comm.

“Probably just another Chinese Patrol” he heard coming back

“Yeah maybe”

Something didn’t feel right about these fighters, he wasn’t sure what yet but something was up. Just then he heard gunfire passing just under his craft followed by a missile lock tone. He looked over to see where his wingman has gone but couldn’t see him. He broke left to try and break the missile lock. He quickly broke the lock and tried to come up behind the enemy fighter, but the fighter was gone. He quickly tried to find out where it has gone but it was nowhere to be seen. All of a sudden his missile lock warning alarm has gone off and 20 seconds later his craft was hit by an enemy missile.

He looked back and saw that he had lost most of his left engine when he heard an explosion. He tried to look behind him but couldn’t see

“What happened to the enemy fighters?" he called over the comm.

“I nailed one and the pilot of the other was killed by a piece of the engine you lost. Do you think you can make it back to base?”

“Yeah whether this thing will ever be able to take of again is another thing”

“Well follow me in; I get you there in one piece”

“Got it,”

Chapter 1

John climbed down from the cockpit of his F-45 and saw the extent of the damage to his fighter.

“Hmm doesn’t look as bad as I first thought” he muttered to himself

“Yeah that’s because you always assume the worst, and this time I didn’t care to enlighten you on how wrong you were.” Kira said from behind him

“Maybe…” John said skeptable, “So do you want to go see the commander now or find a way to post-pone the de-briefing?”

“Might as well be now, and besides Commander Marek isn’t that bad”

“Yeah well you’re not the one he wants to be rid-off”

“True, maybe you’ll get lucky and the Commander isn’t back from his patrol yet”

“Do you even believe that?”

“No but there’s still a chance”

John knocks on the Commanders office, after waiting five minutes he knocks again.

“Hmm doesn’t look like his back, maybe we should try again later” John said to Kira

Just then the door opened, and the Commander told them to come in

“Damn”

“What was that Captain?” the commander asked him

“Nothing sir”

“I thought so” the Commander said “Now what the hell were you thinking out there?” He yelled at John, “You’ll be lucky if you didn’t start a war”

“Sir they fired at us” Kira said

“Was I speaking to you Lieutenant?

“No sir,”

The Commander turned to face John “Now Captain what the hell happened out there?

“Sir the Chinese MIG’s attack us and we returned fire”

“Even through every other patrol from this squadron said they made contact with Chinese MIG’s, you just happened to get a pair that attack you”

“Yes sir”

“I’ll have you know I don’t believe your story, but lucky for you High Command does,”

John Sighed with relief

“They also have approved your request to be transferred from my commanded, and have promoted you two to Commander and Captain respectfully, and are now in charge of the newly commissioned Saber Squadron, and I’ll have you know I fully expect you to screw this up Commander. Now get out of my sight”

John and Kira Quickly left the room. Kira Spoke first

“Well that could have gone worse, at least were now out-side his command, so do you know where this Saber Squadron is based?”

“No, but as long as it’s far from here I’m happy.”

comments would be welcome

Edited by Controller

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/At-At_controller/leetspeak4cz1jr.gif

Good concept...good outline...though they're were a few grammatical errors...the biggest one was this:

“What happen to the enemy fighters he called over the comm.”

Should be

“What happened to the enemy fighters?" he called over the comm.

Other than that, it was pretty good to read.  Goodeth jobeth =D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

err yeah nether word nor firefox picked up on that and my scan of my story showed others but not but not that one ;D ;D Edited by Controller

errrrrr.... it is? i didnt know that. theres a squadron called vibroswords or something like that but not saber... oh well, anyway the part i have up has little to do with saber squadron

• 2 months later...

yes i know its been awhile seance the last post. and it will most likely be awhile again until the next one(its only the end of the first week back at school and Ive already got to much homework :P)

Chapter 2

The Two F-45 landed at a base just off the north coast of Australia; just as an F-42 wearing training colours flow past them nearly clipping Captain Lenniera’s fighter.

“Damn it; what was he doing flying so low” Kira muttered

“Maybe he wanted to see why to we had graced the base with our presence” John told her

“Was that out loud?” she asked, John didn’t answer, when she looked out through the cockpit she saw it was because he was already climbing down the ladder one of the support crew had placed at his fighter, she quickly opened here cockpit and jumped down to catch up to him.

John Borlov walked slowly into the base and was greeted by a Corporal who told them the base commander was waiting in his office. They knocked on the door and were told to come in. they walked in expecting Colonel Lison, but instead found a newly promoted Major Hawker in charge.

“Well, well, well someone has been doing quite well for himself; do you and the ground still get along?” John said

“If it isn’t John Borlov still causing trouble I see” Hawker replied

“Do you to know each other?” Kira asked

“We went to the academy together, but Hawker here was transferred after crashing his third F-38” John answered

“So where is the Colonel?” John asked

“He was injured in a training accident yesterday. Until he returns, I’m in charge of both the base and his training squadrons, on top of my own. So you’re the ones they got to take command of the Sabers, can’t say I envy you.”

comments would be welcome

oh and by the way

I didn't read that entire story but isn't saber squadron a squadron in the star wars universe?

there is a squadron in the Star Wars universe called Saber Squadron. Luke formed it in the YV war it later joined with Shocker Squadron to from Twin Sun squadron(but i didn't know this when i came up with the name)