speeding up play

BoShek

Question

Hi,

in multiplayer I have difficulties keeping up with the gamespeed even at slow. Messages seem to be coming in too fast. Any tips on speeding things up?

Here goes nothing! - Lando

9 answers to this question

If your opponent would not mind too much you can go to very slow and catch up with your messages. Then return to slow speed again. Many of my opponents do that and it's fine with me as long as they don't use very slow during a blockade I never have a problem with it so just find out before the game starts if they are agreeable to that. If they're not don't play them. The game won't be enjoyable if your not allowed to do what you need to and how you need to do it because someone is stubborn about it not going fast enuf for them. Right off the top of my head I can list myself and egzuki_disdira as 2 players that would not mind for we go to very slow when needed and I am sure there are others who would be as agreeable.
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Well u need to know all of the messages so u can delete much of them unread.

Examples:

X-wing deployed at..... :arrow: keep cool, u have a queue there

Stormtrooper deployed at.. :arrow: same like above

Reasearching messages :arrow: they have to go on u can do nothing

Diplomatic messages :arrow: same in green :wink:

Initiate, subdue Uprisings :arrow: nothing to do here

I delete them all unread and save time.

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Only the mission reports are of Importance, and the maintenance message come in handy because you can make up where to send your new load of ships or defenses or troops or whatever because in that messages you can read if there was a sabotage attack or a maintenance shortfall Forget the other messages they are just to notice you of regiment deployement etcetera

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

Well, we share different opinions. I find the diplomacy mission reports of importance. The subdue/incite uprising mission are worthless, I admit that.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

The diplomatic message isnt important but the message "....joins" is important because i use this message to zoom there and change the diplomat to another planet.
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Thamks for your comments. I have another question though:

Does it make any difference whether I order a diplomat/researcher to continue his work or just leave him alone?:?:

I feel the work goes faster if I do and the manual seems to suggest the characters waits for your answer for a while before getting back to work so you´d better click on that "yes" button quick. Am I wrong?

Here goes nothing! - Lando