Refined Materials

Lebarronn90

When your refined materials indicator is at 0 as we all know your building speed comes to a crawl. Any suggestions on increasing this number. Assault and scrap works but lately i have been playing egzuki_disdira and he is pretty damn good about his internal espionage and trying to sneak a ship in on his sectors can sometimes be impossible. i have scrapped everything I possibly can to give me back those refined materials and I build a lot of troops defences and ships but the build rate is a crawl. Any suggestion or am I simply stuck and need to wait it out
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

At the top of your screen there are 3 boxes the one on the left is unrefined materials the middle is refined materials the right is maintenence points. Your mines mine material and the refineries refine it. everything cost a certain amount of refined materials to build along with a certain amount of points

Example:

if it takes you 10 days to build a capital ship and you don't have the refined materials the build time will be longer because your shipyard has to wait for the refined materials to become available so the ship that should have taken 10 days may end up taking 16 18 or maybe 20 days to build.

when you scrap something you get those refined material back so if you assault a planet and scrap what it has you get the refined materials back because at the time you scrapped it it belonged to you. It does not matter if the planet these items are on is in uprising or not.

As to my original question how to increase those refined materials would keeping 10 or 15 more refineries than mines at all times get them quicker or do the mines take their sweet time in doing their job so if that was the case the extra refineries do squat if they don't have any materials to refine. Looking for ideas. Any and all suggestions welcome

I didn't know that. At the beginning of every game I'd always be at zero RefMaterials.

The manual doesn't say anything, just that you should build mines.... :?

Perhaps the Strategy Guide says something but I don't own that...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The only way I have found to increase your refined materials is not to use them. When I get to zero I basically stop building anything unnecessary like the Star Destroyer or Mon Calamari Cruiser that I want. If I need them then I have to wait and stop build other things. You have to find the balance in every game.

I wonder if the program puts a priority on Ships, Defenses or what ever was started first?

Having more refineries than mines does seem to allow you to build up refined materials faster.

I find myself having near 0 for the first 250 days most of the time. It really does slow things down. This problem adds a great realism to the game. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any calculation how much refined material is produced by one Mine and one refinery per day? The only way to increase that is to buld more of them so I want to know how much more.
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

You also could use RebEd to lower the refined material costs for everything

(But where's the fun in that?)

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

As I said where's the fun in that

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

Hey Dude21 have you tried playing rebellion thru msn? I am assuming you have tried IP games and the msn gaming zone. Also do you have version1.01 installed? If you haven't tried MSN Messenger give it a shot you never can tell

Hey Dude21 have you tried playing rebellion thru msn? I am assuming you have tried IP games and the msn gaming zone. Also do you have version1.01 installed? If you haven't tried MSN Messenger give it a shot you never can tell

1. no i never tried MSN

2. yes I tried IP with no success

3.Yes I have 1.01 installed

4. ok I will try it but Iam pessimistic because if IP directconect not work... :(

"I am growing stronger with the Force"