The Carlist Rieekan Affair

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

We've had the Drayson Incident, the Legend of Piett, the Ozzel Syndrome, the Glory of Page and the Mon Mothma Syndrome... Well, here's a new one:

The Carlist Rieekan Affair

Here is Carlist Rieekan minding his own business, which is, of course troop training.Out of nowhere I get a message, telling me he's quit his mission! Why? The planet in question doesn't have Training Facilities...

I'm thinking "Damn, the Imps sabotaged my Training Facility" but no, the training facility is still there, there hasn't been an enemy capital ship in the area... nothing! So, I put Carlist Rieekan back on troop training and that's fine with the game! :?

What I love is getting a message that I've foiled an enemy Diplomacy/Research mission in a Sector in which I don't control any systems and I wasn't even aware of a mission there, much less able to attempt to thwart it. :?

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Guest Scathane
What I love is getting a message that I've foiled an enemy Diplomacy/Research mission in a Sector in which I don't control any systems and I wasn't even aware of a mission there, much less able to attempt to thwart it. :?
That's bizar! 8O What should we call that? The Replomacy Paradox?

If you foil a mission such as diplomacy or research and you are not even in that sector it means that the character that was foiled is a traitor. They don't tell you who it is but it tells you where your enemy is dipping at the time or where they may have multiple facilities
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Guest Scathane
If you foil a mission such as diplomacy or research and you are not even in that sector it means that the character that was foiled is a traitor.
No kidding?

They don't tell you who it is but it tells you where your enemy is dipping at the time or where they may have multiple facilities
What do you mean by where the enemy is dipping?

i mean where your opponent is doing diplomacy missions. Since traitors are usually well into the game that means one of the rim sectors and if a message comes back that you foiled a diplomacy mission and you know damn well your not even in the area then your opponent has a traitor and you now know where he/she was attempting to do diplomacy. Theres a chance that if they had one diplomat there they might have another or perhaps they have more in that sector such as a secret construction yard or shipyard outpost. In any case its worth checking out to see just what they find so interesting there.
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I love when I sabotage/destroy a capital ship. Its always feels good to have learned you destroyed an SSD though that has only happened to me a couple of times.

i mean where your opponent is doing diplomacy missions. Since traitors are usually well into the game that means one of the rim sectors and if a message comes back that you foiled a diplomacy mission and you know damn well your not even in the area then your opponent has a traitor and you now know where he/she was attempting to do diplomacy. Theres a chance that if they had one diplomat there they might have another or perhaps they have more in that sector such as a secret construction yard or shipyard outpost. In any case its worth checking out to see just what they find so interesting there.

Makes sense, although the few times it's happened to me, it's been with a system in a Core Sector and within the first 3-5 hundred days. One time that comes to mind was when an Imperial Ship Design Research mission was foiled in the sector that contains Tangrene (the sector name eludes me, as does the planet's; it was the lower right one). I didn't have squat in the sector, let alone the means to go and check out what all the hubbub was about. Although your 'traitor theory' would explain a lot.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics