Imperial chracter death

BoShek

In my current (unedited) game I´m losing imperial characters by the truckload! I send a couple of them on a diplomacy misson to a neutral planet and all of a sudden I get the message, they´re dead!:cry:

How can this be? There hasn´t even been a battle. And as far as I know the Rebels can´t assassinate. So what´s killing them? :?:

Here goes nothing! - Lando

I have also sometimes my diplomats dieing on missions. That could randomly happen and if they move through a blokade. The most Diplomatic chars have low combat and espionage abilitys so is the chance higher they ve benn killed than wounded or captured. Look if ther was a rebel ship in orbit where they started or there they try to do their missions
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

It happens there are many ways for Imps chars to die... When they go through a bloackade, when they are captured on a planet that you use the Death Star on... when their ship blows up... enemy abductions don't necessarily have to end up in capture they can wind up killing the char...
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

This is rather odd. :? I have only once lost a character (because I sent him on stupid, useless missions and actually wanted to rid myself of him, and even that too great effort) to the enemy. :? It's especially odd since the game tends to hate me in every aspect other than death of characters. :?

Sorry, just commenting (AKA: spamming...I suppose :? ).

Guest Admiral_Antilles
No that was not spamming, SOCL. I am The Spam after all. About the subject at hand, I have never had them die on a mission. Just captured or something like that.

Do Force-SEnsitives char get injured or hurt if they confront Vader or Palpy?

yes that could happen because they fight each other and if the force capability is to different (padawan vs master) the padawan becomes injured or killed

I am happiely,that I could help u :D

I saw that if force chars meet each other (sentence: I discovered.....by a disturbance of the force) they get a force increase of 2 points that means the gets higher stats in their primary abilitys (if u want to know them look at RebEd u see the multiplicator rate)

Strangely, even Jedi Masters with a lot more force strength than 120 regularly get killed by Vader. Well, he is a big daddy and the greates Jedi hunter in known space. The calculations are odd nonetheless.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

No thats not right so I captured in a game Vader with 8O Chewie 8O as force sensitive Master. In some missions befor Vader was wounded and than captured