Re: Wow the Zann faction needs balanced badly!

plokoon9619

The Viragos basicly can win zann space skirmishes easy as they are heavly powerful. I was playing with bryant, Joey both moders like me and we got wopped by pg by a fighter rush.

Next is campaign specific. The rim conflict map Joey was empire i was Consortuim.  by his tech 2 i had all the ships and even easily destroyed his research stations. Defilers are too easy to corrupt with. Plus I was making 10000 very early. Basically he got raped because i had so much money and all the capital ships way before he even was at tech 4. I was spamming defilers so fast he couldn't keep up removing. Also his executor wasn't all that strong.

With the ability to easily bribe past him I easily took all the planets he couldn't have defended. If I contioned he would only have taris left.

Next is mc-30s. Wow they shoot so many protons they can kill half the hardpoints of a ISD fast.

Yoda force attack can kill any hero easily.

Zanns faction can easily infrantry rush with the grenade guys and droideka mk2s instantlly destroying any low level heros and mining.

Bossks ability is useless in space and his gun does very little damage.

Rouge Sqaudron is kinda useless.

Most zann ships can just ignore shields and easily destroy hardpoints.

Im tired so im gonna let other people finish it.

The Viragos basicly can win zann space skirmishes easy as they are heavly powerful. I was playing with bryant, Joey both moders like me and we got wopped by pg by a fighter rush.

Next is campaign specific. The rim conflict map Joey was empire i was Consortuim.  by his tech 2 i had all the ships and even easily destroyed his research stations. Defilers are too easy to corrupt with. Plus I was making 10000 very early. Basically he got raped because i had so much money and all the capital ships way before he even was at tech 4. I was spamming defilers so fast he couldn't keep up removing. Also his executor wasn't all that strong.

With the ability to easily bribe past him I easily took all the planets he couldn't have defended. If I contioned he would only have taris left.

Next is mc-30s. Wow they shoot so many protons they can kill half the hardpoints of a ISD fast.

Yoda force attack can kill any hero easily.

Zanns faction can easily infrantry rush with the grenade guys and droideka mk2s instantlly destroying any low level heros and mining.

Bossks ability is useless in space and his gun does very little damage.

Rouge Sqaudron is kinda useless.

Most zann ships can just ignore shields and easily destroy hardpoints.

Im tired so im gonna let other people finish it.

I agree with the first part.

MC-30s are easy as hell to kill.

Never used him yet.

I agree.

I think he's overpowered if anything.

Kinda.

Only 3 can, maybe 4. If you're not including bombers, then 2, maybe 3. Rebs have 3 torpedo ships, empire has 3 as well.

Plookon, 3 Words: BLACK MARKET TECHNOLOGY. The Zahn Consortiom (sp?) isn't supposed to be balanced, it's supposed to be overpowered. The Rebels & Empire have standard technology like blasters & turbolasers. The Zahn Consortium (sp?) has Distintigrator Rfiles & Mass Driver cannons, which are, of course, Black Market Tech. What I'm saying is that the ZC is supposed to be unbalanced and unfair, because in Star Wars Real Life, Black Market Tech could easily own anything. And that is my $.02.

Plookon, 3 Words: BLACK MARKET TECHNOLOGY. The Zahn Consortiom (sp?) isn't supposed to be balanced, it's supposed to be overpowered. The Rebels & Empire have standard technology like blasters & turbolasers. The Zahn Consortium (sp?) has Distintigrator Rfiles & Mass Driver cannons, which are, of course, Black Market Tech. What I'm saying is that the ZC is supposed to be unbalanced and unfair, because in Star Wars Real Life, Black Market Tech could easily own anything. And that is my $.02.

Thank you. ;D

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/RyuuKageSIG.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/AoSW-JCW_Banner.jpg

1 thing the empire knows about the black market and the tech that they deem illegal they use the teem selves so empire and the rebelion should be on equal terms with zan most likelyu even better, it realy ticks me off that i cant play a skirmish game in space with out geting fighter spamed by tyber  :-[ the expasion needs some real balance thats all im going to say i could rant on how thier is a in balance in most new units in the game but that would take hours.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar2.jpg

play me  in a gc and ill be zann. Next thing you know youll lose by big ships before you get passed tech 1.

::)

I think all this whining is because for once you need to THINK before you attack. E@W was just about building massive fleets and attacking with everything. FoC eliminates that perspective and adds the one where you need strategy to win instead of brute force. That's the whole point of the ZC's Corruption Abilities: Which one should I choose for the situation? Hmm, this planet was mostly Empire controlled; maybe if I choose "Corrupt Militia" they'll fight for me and resist Imperial control. So, basically what I'm saying is that FoC brings to light the fact that strategy is needed instead of large fleets. Besides, even the ZC units have weaknesses that I've seen exploited.

::)

I think all this whining is because for once you need to THINK before you attack. E@W was just about building massive fleets and attacking with everything. FoC eliminates that perspective and adds the one where you need strategy to win instead of brute force. That's the whole point of the ZC's Corruption Abilities: Which one should I choose for the situation? Hmm, this planet was mostly Empire controlled; maybe if I choose "Corrupt Militia" they'll fight for me and resist Imperial control. So, basically what I'm saying is that FoC brings to light the fact that strategy is needed instead of large fleets. Besides, even the ZC units have weaknesses that I've seen exploited.

Did you not read my post. I corrupted every planet and when he was a tech 2 i had 9m krayt destroyers and 7 kedldabes.

Remember that the Consortium units rely on cash. Run out of cash, and you're dead in the water.

Don't all sides rely on cash?

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Because of Rackateering, and corruption, IIRC, gives slightly less then what whoever owns the planet gets.

In the demo, I was getting 2k a day at the end, with Kamino, and whatever planet you had at the beginning, and mandalore corrupted.

Black Market weapons usually come for stealed weapons. I believe most come from the Empire research tech so the Empire should have them too.

However it's absurd that Zann can steal the Eclipse. A thing that disturb me much.

I haven't extensively played the game yet as I got it yesterday.

But I believe in your admissions and take them for truth.

I would agree thing is the ai cheats it doesnt matter if i control every single extractor in skirmsih or most of the planets in gc they always some how get enough money to either become eqaul or out match my forces.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar2.jpg

Here's a couple balancing ideas that make sense for the SW universe:

1.cheaper Imperial units with short build times

mass produced cheap units are what the empire is about; the have monopolies on corporations so they get discounts (Like during the era of Carnegie and Rockefeller).

2. tougher SDs and SSDs

durability should be greater; as well as attack power

3. Both factions need as many ways to cut off the consortium's cash flow as the Consortium has to increase their cash flow.

If you want to delve into SW reality, all three of these factions would bribe officials.

The Empire would kidnap rebel scientists. Rebels would undergo covert operations such as rescue missions. The only difference would be that the Consortium would be less reserved about it (Rebels would never even think to use Ewoks as bombs; they're not monsters). The Battle of Endor was partly an attempt to assassinate Palpatine on a massive scale.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/captainartenon.pnghttp://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Sith_Lords_EaW/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5554600

Alternate Site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/sweawuban0cg.png

Petition for Obsidian and Bioware to work on Knights of the Old Republic III together! 3926 Total Signatures and counting!

SW Fanon Wiki entry - Captain Artenon

"A fake news show on fox should have real news!" -Louis Black, The Daily Show.

Hmm the first too ideas are more than correct. Infact the Empire should have better things on this matter.

Infact it's disturbing that the consortium ships are somehow even stronger than Imperial ships.

A bigger pop cap for the Empire should be also granted for massive fleets like they have always been used to.

About the third... I believe Empire has scientist and not rebs. Like the creator of the DS or other important Admirals involved int to the development of new better weapons like it was in Rebellion.

The scums may try to abduct them. But both sides should try to remove the consortium money flow.

It's absurd that a mafia has ships which power is compared to those of the Empire.

I agree to #'s 1 & 2, but it's not possible for #3 because the Consortium can move practically anywhere without being noticed and corrupt multiple planets at once, while gaining hundreds of credits.

@ LOTS: LOL nice acronym...uhm...anyway. Of course the Consortium has better weapons and units. The units & upgrades are BLACK MARKET TECH level. I really don't want to repeat myself, so here is what I'm going to say:

BLACK MARKET TECHNOLOGY. The Zahn Consortium isn't supposed to be balanced, it's supposed to be overpowered. The Rebels & Empire have standard technology like blasters & turbolasers. The Zahn Consortium has Distintigrator Rfiles & Mass Driver cannons, which are, of course, Black Market Tech. What I'm saying is that the ZC is supposed to be unbalanced and unfair, because in Star Wars Real Life, Black Market Tech could easily own anything. And that is my $.02.

It doen't interest me if it's black market. It need balancing. That's all.

Then quit whining and posting about how "overpowered" the ZC is. It's black market, that means better weapons, ships, infantry, etc. And it is balanced, FYI. In skirmish, it may seem not to be, but in GC the ZC must buy their abilities and weapons in order to use them. And if the Black Market is removed, then the ZC is out of luck until they can establish a new one. So quit whining about every little thing. Don't like it? Mod it! That's all for now.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/dancinglocks.gif

Edited by Star Wars Man