AARS?

CP

After Action Reports, they are done for games like Europa Universalis, it's basicly what this place is for except instead of telling about one event you tell about the whole game in story form.

I'm guessing not.

Don't argue with an idiot, you'll just be brought to his level and be beaten by experience.

Guest Scathane
After Action Reports, they are done for games like Europa Universalis, it's basicly what this place is for except instead of telling about one event you tell about the whole game in story form.

I'm guessing not.

No, indeed, we don't but I must say that I find the concept intruiging! 8)

Could you give us one? :D

oh they're sooooooooooooooo long, but ok you talked me into it, I'll give an example of the first hundred days of a game.

But only if, should the idea catch on, a shrine is built for me ;)

j/k

Don't argue with an idiot, you'll just be brought to his level and be beaten by experience.

Guest Scathane
oh they're sooooooooooooooo long, but ok you talked me into it, I'll give an example of the first hundred days of a game.

But only if, should the idea catch on, a shrine is built for me ;)

j/k

By the way, how do does one keep track of what happens when in the game? One keeps notes?

By the way, how do does one keep track of what happens when in the game? One keeps notes?

Yea, eithier real elaborate notes or just a summary, I tried to write it as i went but only got to day fifty before I decided it was going to slow, I've got it ready on paper I'll post it up to give you an idea of one of the ways it could look. It's rather boreing as I took it in the plot of teaching well you'll see.

BTW Whomever posts here will automatically become a character in my intro.

*The Views and opinions reflected by Mr. P probably reflect the authors own. By reading this you HAVE waved your right to press charges.*

Welcome class to Galactic Conquest 101, I am your teacher Mr. P. I’m well aware why many of you are here, and I want to say right now, this is not Sex Ed how to woo Wookies.

*Watches as ten people leave. *

That said I shall instruct you on a simulator the engineers have constructed to prepare you for conquering the galaxy. Be aware that these events happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

* Admiral_Antilliles*

raises his hand*

“Yes?”

“What kind of lame introduction is that?”

*WHACK *

“Antilliles please stop bleeding on my floor.”

Now, The simulator has given us a galaxy to play with err… learn from. The simulator seemed to be functioning well when it gave me my planets I shall explain shortly. We have taken control of the “Rebel Alliance” a group of bandits trying to oppose the almighty Galactic Empire.

Scathane: “Don’t you think your being a little biased?”

*Smack *

“Come by later you can pick your head up.”

The main idea for this Alliance is to protect their headquarters, they also begin with inferior weapons and facilities available to them. They do not have the might yet to take the fight to the Empire so the idea is that they use their covert operations to damage the Empire enough so that the Imperial invasion doesn’t come.

I get ahead of myself back to the headquarters it is located on the baron world of Horzel XI, there have been worse places, I can’t think of any at the moment but ideally speaking you usually would want your base on the far side of the Galaxy, I can deal with this. Let’s look at some planets, ok two planets in the Imperial seat of power one has a shipyard. Crap. Take note students the Empire doesn’t like it when you play in their back yard and more often than not an Imperial Star Destroyer comes knocking. Luckily the Balmorra has two Cannons on the planet and personnel meaning we can run missions, some alien with an unpronounceable name.

Now students tell me what that is over the headquarters, *Silence *, any body? At all? Repeat after me than… “F-L-E-E-T”

Class: “F-L-E-E-T”

Very good, any who *Class snickers * We have a fleet of one Transport and one Corvete. Who knows what we can do with this?

Slacker: “Shove it up you’re a…”

*CRACK*

As I was saying we explore with the Corvete and discover what the surrounding planets have, you’d be amazed at how fast this process is, by day fifty we have a colony and have explored the entire sector. This is important because if you own the planet you know when You’ve been had and when to abandon the Sector. This is a reason why you do not want to allow inner rim Facilities to send product to the sector your HQ is, the Empire weaves a large Spy web and you can get caught in it and not know.

Next we touch upon our available facilities I’ll run through the entire list excluding the one Construction yard at HQ. One Yard in Kinyen, perfect just peachy. Moving on to training Yards, one in Delya … that’s odd I can’t find any more, well this blows. Ahem well let’s see what else the stinkin thing can…

Ho! What’s this? Five Shipyard two at Billbringi? *Kisses Simulator*, once again, Shipyard are important at this moment because they give you better defense. For the alliance fighters are the optimal defense at this stage in the game with so few ship yards in one place. Having one in most of the major area’s is a great help.

Corellia is completely Imperial, so be it.

The first thing done was the addition of more Construction yards to the ones already functioning ones. Now I put the plan of one man fighter defense into play…

Student: “Why don’t you build a Death Star?”

*Smack *

Don’t ask stupid questions. Now than, after that we move Adar Talon to research Ship Construction he is quite useful for this trait and progress should be made in leaps and bounds. Page is another useful fellow to have around I order him to get some info on the Imperial systems, and what info he brings back, the goods we already learn of facilities churning out Storm troopers and tie Fighter, not fun. Next the evacuation of Yavin, as the Imperials know were it is they will most likely come a callin.

Leia is sent to Sullust to bring the two shipyards and sorely needed training area. General Dadonna is sent on one of the two Crovets guarding Yavin to explore the galaxy and convert as many planets as possible to our cause, the outer rim class is a great place to build your mines and refineries. Wedge is sent to Billbringi to work the shipyards, Han Chewie and Luke head there as well.

Mon Monthma tells of a Lando recruited he’s put to work designing new Facilities. Notice now how we sabotage two Shipyard and one training yard? And get spies deployed to investigate the sudden motion for planets to join the Empire? The Corvet is the Sumitra Sector finds no neutral planets odd there is usually one, no matter I heads south.

In Summary The next few times we gain a couple generals, And exploit a few chinks in Darth Vaders Armor. A good fifty days, Oh we also captured Novel Garaint.

I did but I am taking part in an rpg already and I can barely stay current on that one.

Guest Scathane
I did but I am taking part in an rpg already and I can barely stay current on that one.
I understand... The same goes for me with regard to an AARS (it's a bit awkward to use that word when you're Dutch): I jst have too much on my hands currently...

The same goes for me with regard to an AARS

Maybe you'd prefer calling them "After ACtion Reports" which is what it stands for?

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Wonderful AAR, CP. :wink: Though my face still hurts form your constent slapping to my upper jaw area. 8O:wink::D