Re: Forum restructuration

Cain

We are going to merge most of the EAW sections. I'm interested in what games you guys want to cover. I can keep an eye on PS, Battlefield, Medieval and Spore but the rest it's up to you to decide.

It's quite clear now - we cannot compete with PF without a fight so we will avoid that by evolving our self’s. As you may well remember EAW has a limited fan base and due to the new RTS games coming on the market this year ... and they will make that fan base to be even lower. That's why we created the games section.

PF will never have a large representation for other games on their forums so we still hold an advantage no matter if they now have the full force of their graphic artists to help with the forum layout.

There are hopes for P-02 but once C&C3 gets out ... well P-02 will be in a lot of trouble because when I've seen the C&C3 presentation I got goose bumps. It scared me so cool and original it looked ... just wait and see.

I intend to give our new forums a nitro boost coming from Spore new pictures and info’s. It will take me some time to work on that but they will come. I will do that after we restructured our self’s and maybe get a new skin.

After that the plan is simple - we will evolve based on our experience and we will keep contacts with different developers until we become something very cool. How cool ... well I want us to make previews/reviews for games. But until then I just want to have fun and talk about all the games we like.

I'm not sure you remember but once SAGE requested when he first become CM that the Petro Devs should not have admin powers. So I will follow that and remove those powers letting only moderator ones except for Mike. Seems fair - if I leave them these powers while we move to other games and meet other developers we can have problems convincing them to join.

Edited by Cain

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

The Admins remain this:

Cain (EA), Code_Monkey (Mike Legg), Katarn (BT - Original EAW LEC Producer), Foshjedi2004 (Chris the greatest PFF symbol), Ghostly_Substance (The PFF Greatest Warrior), Ismael (Our old little friend), JediIgor (SWR Host Support)

Edited by Cain

He He He...  ;D

A symbol.... that I am :D

Mind you.. I think it would be better if we didn't just go an announce to the rest of the staff just who Katarn is...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Ya I kept that a secret from normal people but made the regulars try and guess it but I bet they forgot who he was by now anyways.

The PFF Greatest Warrior

- Hmm well I guess I am since I do tend to stick up for the sides that always get bashed and fight harsh battles in RTS whenever I feel like it  :P

So we're just changing certain subforums? Anything else like the skin or anything?

So we're just changing certain subforums? Anything else like the skin or anything?

Probably ... I will need to talk to Igor.

Ya I kept that a secret from normal people but made the regulars try and guess it but I bet they forgot who he was by now anyways.

The PFF Greatest Warrior

- Hmm well I guess I am since I do tend to stick up for the sides that always get bashed and fight harsh battles in RTS whenever I feel like it  :P

since when you aways got a excuse when I want to play you.

Whenever you don't message me or when I ignore your messages  ::) Sometimes I play on my PSP so Xfire can't count that....................-.-    Just last week I played EAW with D803...............

Cain I think we should really structure the moderating team a lot better...

Like assign moderators to specific forums, that way they can focus there abilites on a few specific forums and allow use Global Moderators/Admins to cover the broader view of the forums. That way we can get moderators to focus on forums and I think they will be able to work more effectively. But as of now that isnt a problem as thread creation has hit an all time low....  ;).

Im sure we can re-coop guys.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

then when one of the mods isn't there to stop a spammer, etc while another mod is there but can't do anything don't make it organized

I agree with PK. But the hopefully the global mods or the administrators will be there to stop the spam. BTW...since we're restructuring, what is our standpoint on useless spam. Especially in the bar. I believe that just writing the word "SPAM" for a post for no reason should not be allowed. (or writing 200 "Spams" for that matter)

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Well i mean it wont be strict as in you still have full forum powers, but you specialize in certain forums. But if you happen to see spammage in other forums you can still take care of it, but its your job to take care of your specific forum. We started to do this but then we sorta forget it.

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I don't have time to concentrate on assigning moderators - plus the traffic is not so huge. But yes - we can do that as long as somoene of you decides to give a helping hand in restructuration there.

Once we've sorted out the forum structure I'll work out the Moderator Assignments.

Corect - does anyone know how we can merge subforums? Whats the procedure?

Once we've sorted out the forum structure I'll work out the Moderator Assignments.

can i request that i be assigned to the EaW Forum please? i have more knowledge of that than any other RTS out at the moment.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

I would rather not be assigned to a specific forum, but then I would be a global mod, and I don't think that would be fair.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

If you choose a specific forum Subgroup then I can create Forum Groups : EAW Moderators, FoC Moderators, Modding Moderators, Star Wars Lore Moderators etc...
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We have to decide on something for the restructuration and we have to do it fast! The admins or whoever have to get a new skin and merge forums or PFF will die. These past few days there has not been much activity, and it's not going to get any better if we don't do something quickly. I hope this message sounds urgent enough. We have no time for procrastination, we need to take action. 

The News forum hasn't been updated in nearly a month.

There are very few posts in the FoC section or the EAW section.

Overall posting has gone down.

No one posts here.

Need more?

I don't want to be pessimistic(I'm not trying to be), but sometimes the truth needs to be spoken. We need help. I don't want PFF to die. If anyone else feels this way, by all means, help! (Btw...if someone could tell me something I could do to help, that would be great)

Edited by Dorkthehunter

Evaders has got my approval in beeing the server technical admin in Igor's place.

So - Evaders - I need to know all the specifications for the skin? - and I will find an art guy to do it. I also need to know how we can merge some subforums (probably missed it) so we can restructurate the forums.

Btw this week I will be in vacantion. I'm sure that Fosh and Ghsotly can compact the forum a bit to reflect our new identity.

Seeya guys next week.

Ghostly? How about you? Can you help checking Spartan's offer and come up with a merging plan for the TTO topics to better reflect our new identity.