Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (PS3)

Ghostly_Substance

Since it got deleted i'm going to repost this here.  Also if you just want to check this thread out and hate Gundam I suggest clicking the link below to show the realism to those who want realism.

Mobile Suit Gundam takes place during the last few interesting moments of the war (something like the last few months). You start off with a weak mass-produced mobile suit and the more you do in missions the more points you can earn to buy weapons and new suits to customize your mobile suit. In the campaign you can also control a squad of other mobile suits and this is vital since going alone is suicide. You will come across new weapons of war and your going to fight the war realisticly. For example if you unlocked a beam rifle you can aim at the enemie's head and mess up their view (unless i'm wrong) or you can cut off their arms and prevent them from attacking (unless you can tackle).

If you want to see how this game plays I suggest seeing this even if you aren't a Gundam fan to see the realism of what this game shows

http://ps3-gundam.net/trailer.html

To play the video just click the thumbnail and just watch the video and listen but you can ignore the Japanese talk.

Screens

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734128/mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060921051951329.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734128/mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060921051943375.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734128/mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060921051952375.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734128/mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060921051954828.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734128/mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060921051944407.jpg

Finnaly, A Gundam game that lives up to my extremely high standards. (Realistic Graphics, Splosians, and much, much, much, more) I have to agree with GS on this one; I saw the TGS '06 video and I was amazed at the highest level of realism in this game: Building explode in pieces, not just one big explosion, but multiple explosions. Sniper mode looks killer, and the most interesting feature is hardpoints: You shoot an arm of an opponent, that arms falls off. You shoot the knee of an oppenent, that opeenet not only loses half of it's leg, but falls down quite violently. So I have to agree: This game looks really good. :D

I have to admit that this game has gotten better in turns of advancing on the PS2 and is mixing both "Journey to Jaburo" and "Gundam vs Zeta Gundam" features and in a much better way  ;D In Gundam vs Zeta Gundam after a certain damage your arms would get blown off and if you attacked a building it would just collapse and leave no debri or break up. Journey to Jaburo was the best Gundam game based on a story and it was indepth also  ;D Now Crossfire comes up with everything learned from PS2 and is going all out to impress fans and non Gundam fans a like. Can't wait to start blowing crap up  ;D November here we come!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice now i'm more bought into this game. Everything that I seen in Journey to Jaburo (PS2), Gundam: Federation vs Zeon (PS2) and Silent Hunter 3 (PC) (You'll see how this fits in soon) actually is in this new Gundam game.

Well as I said this game focuses on realism and it just adds a bit more that really bought me into the game. Well for Journey To Jaburo bit it adds in the story feel and the heavy mech feel to this game. For Feds vs Zeon this game adds in the mechs and how you get to repair and are rewarded new mobile suits to battle in campaign (both sides). If the mech is damaged its out so you would have to choose a mech thats not damaged which then forces you to go from your favourite mech to your least likely favourite one. This time it adds in the world map where you can choose where to fight in the world (or so IGN claims).  Now for the odd Silent Hunter 3 bit, well the more time you spend upgrading, traveling, repairing your choosen mobile suit the more time you waste from your mission time and giving your enemy an upper hand at trying to win the war your trying to win for your side. So don't fool around with your mech and you will be safe from the enemie's side mech advancement  ;D

Now then this game just got better but hope it has a survival mode or something other then campaign and multiplayer or else this game will get boring fast and I would have to go back to my PS2 Gundam games.

• 4 months later...

Got the PS3 and the game and well I must say Gamespot and IGN exaggerated WAAAY too much on its reviews. Well it is hard on Normal mode but fairly easy on easy which is somewhat strange. Well this PS3 went well into $1000 even for warranty and i'm being asked, "was it worth it" and takes me awhile to say "yes, just you wait great games will come out".  For the moment it was a rip off but great games will come out.

Anyways I like this Gundam game, Gamespot can burn in hell for all I care  ;D Bias bastards. Its a simple game but combat is kind of rough but common even in real life you don't have it easy. My Zaku 2 can even take down Feddie planes but the GM cannon's trio piss me off at one of the base. Btw Gamespot was so pissed off about trees not moving well they do move and fall down  ;D Framerate issues? Total bullshit. Gamespot got a crappy press PS3 as I said.

lol, i'm owning at times and getting destroyed other times even when I have an upper hand. Ah well i'll just skip my last mission and let the Feddies go and upgrade my Gouf Custom to be an ownage suit. I'll get Kampher and start cleaning the map up with them blasted Feddies  ;D You think the Feddies are the good guys when they start betraying one another? Nah no way  :P

Well its a nice start but its not a 3.2/10, its more like 6.5/10 for a weak AI partner and uh....same maps at times. Maybe -1 for how tough it gets and impossible unless you replay it on normal with the suits you gained.