TTO - Regnum Dei Mod

Cain

The PFF part of The Trivium Organization (*also affiliated to NMA) will start working on MTW 2 - Kingdom of God Mod also known as Regnum Dei Mod is a MTW2 modification that will try to improve the MTW2 gameplay and add more historical feeling with the minimum of changes possible.

Here is our initial list of modifications:

1. New playable faction - The Templar Order. (*Other religious orders are in the plans).

2. Historical focus on Prince Dracula's lands

3. Increased kill speeds. Following our first hand testing of MTW2 we have decided that the gameplay looks cool but sucks especially on horse charges. Because of this you can have 60 heavy armored knights charging into an archer unit and getting slowed like in front of a pike wall. Totally unacceptable.

4. All the "imaginary" capital cities or castles will be changed to reflect the real important ones in their respective provinces for that age.

5. Retexturing and rearrangement of many units for a better visual and gameplay experience.

6. Rebalanced units stats. Based on our testing we have decided that a major rebalance is needed.

Our main base of operations for this mod will be here.

Anyone interested to help is more than welcomed to join.

Cheers,

Cain

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Hi there guys,

You are most than welcomed to help. The MTW2 codeing is almost the same like the RTW one. The significant differences can be found in the fact that a unit now contains more models/textures so the modding options are more diverse. It will be very fun to mod it.  If you wish you can make a unit that has infantry and cavalery in it ... I wonder how the AI will manage that.

Anyway it is very simple (*text coding) and I can show you how to do it once the demo is out. the key is to know what file affects what file and what the limitations are.

We do have a lot of work to do like ... change the cities names and locations. add some new provinces, invest effort in makeing a new faction, etc.

Our first priority will be to make all the factions playable and create the missing menu art for them (easy work). The second part (version) will be to do some polishing on the stats especially for cavalery.

We are still just starting so any feedback will be great :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cain2/RegnumDeiModFinal.jpg

Edited by Cain

Wow...The crusades are always good  ;D

I modded RTW for a bit for the hell of it, but it always froze when I did more major thing....The best working mod I did was increasing the starting amount of gold :P

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/At-At_controller/leetspeak4cz1jr.gif

Hi guys,

Thanks for joining - I will try to speed up the initial design documents and submit them for debate and final approval by the team.

no problem i always meant to get it to RTW modding or M2TW modding as the case would be. is there so sort of forums where the mod it being hosted(for lack of better term)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/At-At_controller/leetspeak4cz1jr.gif

Great - thanks MoROmeTe. Hey I found a Dracula quote:

Edited by Cain

too old - to hard to translate :)

Btw the RDM subforum is up - lemme know if you all see it. (*The members RDM I mean) - see ya all there.

• 1 month later...
Guest JediIgor
Isn't it usually better to have *slower* kill speeds so you can actually move your army around and maneuver, instead of just having everyone rout after mere minutes?

Isn't it usually better to have *slower* kill speeds so you can actually move your army around and maneuver, instead of just having everyone rout after mere minutes?

Agreed :) after playing the game more extensively I have come to the conclusion that the kill speeds are ok. The only thing that is missing is the cavalry impact longer penetration in the enemy lines. I mean did one of you ever seen a horse running at full speed against you? I did :) (dogs were chasing it on a narrow road) and I jumped over a fence to avoid the horse. There is no way 2-3 men can stop 2-3 horses go between them or just smashing them on the ground.