Re: Steiners Advanced Units and Awakening of the Rebellion

wolfshadow

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awakening of the Rebellion

AotR ist a full conversion of the EaW Gameplay. Our goal with AotR was to show the 2 factions as they had been in the films. The Units themself are totally inbalanced as it should be from wghat we know from films and books.

While the Empire player has a lot of firepower and the very stronger units, the Rebelplayer can use different tactics to bring the Empire down. With special smugglers you can cut the Empire from it's recources, with the infiltration teams you can raid a planet and destroy important building, than start a space attack.

There are many different ways how you can use your units!

The galaxy is not so easy to use as it was in EaW. You can't build everything everywhere. For building starships you need special production facilities, wich can only be build on sepcial planets, the same thing is with the groundunits, so you can train very special shocktrooper units on Carida, or get help as Rebell from Wookies on Kashyyyk.

This Mod is pretty "old" so there is just a hand of new units. Soon I'll start working on AotR 1.5 and will add all the new Units from the advanced Units Mod.

Steiners Advanced Units Mod

Well you can say that this is something like a units pack. We did all the space modells new, and a Stardestroyer now really is a (censored) with a hell of firepower. It now also takes more than 5 Corellian Corvets to bring it down! All in all you can say the we upgraded nearly every unit. The SSD is playable too, we added the Arc Hammer ad a starfighter Production Craft, and while you explore the galaxy you can find some special features and younits. So you can use Grandadmiral Thrawn on the Empirial side, once you conquered the Chiss world, or find held by some left Jedi who had been hiding in Ruins of Korriban.

It was important to us thar we show more a classical background to some world, wich we think is much more fun that just getting a 25% bonus to you starfighter shields. Oh right, I was talking about the much more units... I bet you'd like to know what these new Units here, well here we go:

Galactic Empire:

Superstardestroyer (SSD)

Imperial Star Destroyer I (Imperator Class)

Imperial Star Destroyer II (Imperator Class)

Preator

Vengeance (Jareks Ship - Jedi Knight) (own version)

Bajonett Cruiser

Victory Star Destroyer I

Victory Star Destroyer II

Venator

Harrow Star Destroyer

Dreadnaught

Lancer

Strike Cruiser

Acclamator

Eidolon Rocketcruiser

Arc Hammer

Tie Fighter

Tie Interceptor

Tie Avenger

Tie Defender

TIE Claw

Gunboat

Missleboat

Carrack Cruiser

Imperialer Eckort Carrier

E-Web Troopers

LAAT

Rebellion:

MC40

MC75

MC80

MC80b

MC90

MC104

Corellian Corvette

Corellian Gunboat

Quasar Carrier

Republik Stardestroyer

Nebulon B

Nebulon B2

Balrus Rocketcruiser

Assaultfrigatte

Dreadnaugt

Dauntless

Home One

B-Wing

Y-Wing

A-Wing

E-wing

T-Wing

Z95

V-Wing

Toscan Fighter

R41 StarChaser

Supafighter

Cloakshape Fighter

T3B

Sau 3.01 (in progress):

Hapes -> Hapan Battledragon

Naboo -> EP 1 Fighters and Corvette

Geonosis -> walking tins

Korribian -> Leviathan

Special Thanks are going to

Bailknight

who suported us with some of the new groundunits.

Mike.NL

Without your tools I still would struggle with these damn models -

check out the SSD hope it is that way as you told me you'd like to have it ^^

english spaeking Fans

special thanks for vising us in our website forums! it helped a lot to work on to know there are some guys hungry for the mod outside if the german speaking europe

The german version was released one week ago,the english version of SAU isn't ready yet, but I'll support you with new informations as soon as i have some

last but not least, some numbers we are very proud on:

Downloadnumbers:

AotR:

25476 and counting

SAU 3.0:

3672 and counting

you can get all of our projects at our website:

SMG Website

Downloads

Edited by RazielKanos

Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Steiner Modding Group

Leader

http://www.steiner-modding.com

Projects:

AotR, SAU 3.0

I love this mod, it's just great...eventhough I can't see any unit descriptions lol.

Just one thing, I don't know the name of this Rebel unit, I think it's the "Republik Stardestroyer" from the list above; anyway, it's the Rebellion's most expensive ship. Everytime I try to use it in a battle I get an exception error and have to return to windows.

this may sound stupid, but I've heard of this mod but never played it, anyway is it for the German version only or whatever?

oh and does the exe use the MODPATH?

nvm about the German version thing i didn't read the whole post. not to bother, but you think you can give us English speaking folk a time? cause i really want to play but, i don't speak German :(

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4729/lthawkeyeszd1.jpg

awww, OK well I'll just play the AoTR cause it sounds really cool. can't wait for SAU English though. keep it up!

oh what patch is required to play, before i install the mod? is 1.05 or 1.04 ok?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4729/lthawkeyeszd1.jpg

I found this Mod at the LucasForums because some mentioned it was the best mod they ever played.

I downloaded it on friday, and played nonstop *lol*

really great work, though it's a bit strange that every mod here getts a sticky thread (even dead ones) but this great work seems not worth for that action. very sad :(

Can't wait for the "reloaded" version :D

Hey man but a multiplayer but isn't so important to avoid the release of a whole mod.

It doen't affect the mod function. They may continue to find the bug even if they release the mod and then post a hotfix when and IF they find it. We can't wait only because of 1 bug.

That is abusurd. I don't care about Multi GC.

And if they can't find it?? The mod will never be released???

Hey man but a multiplayer but isn't so important to avoid the release of a whole mod.

It doen't affect the mod function. They may continue to find the bug even if they release the mod and then post a hotfix when and IF they find it. We can't wait only because of 1 bug.

That is abusurd. I don't care about Multi GC.

And if they can't find it?? The mod will never be released???

Enough is Enough. This is not YOUR mod. Raziel, Steiner, and the rest of the bunch have a right to delay the release of THEIR mod if a game crippling bug such as this one prevents users from enjoying a good multiplayer game of SAU. Many people, including myself, would rather see a fully tested, bugfree version released, than have to constantly check back to find hotfixes and such.

SMG pays attention to quality and detail. If they didn't, SAU or AoTR wouldn't be as good as it is today.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3958/kamphersig4si.jpg

http://steiner-modding.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

Total Realism Mod Manager

I have a problem with SAU latest version (it's not life-threatening but's its annoying.) Its more to do with missing textures for these ships:

Praetor Death Clone

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2461/praetorey6.png

Venator

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9867/venatorpn1.png

Star Destroyer (and Death Clone) + Calamari Cruiser

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4905/shipsxy4.png