Operation: Outsource

Cain

Well ... after 1 full year we finally managed to get full acces in LEC as much as we have in Petroglyph. Based on this new comunication ability I plan to initiate a public community beta testing for the EAW 1.04 patch.

What do you guys think? I think that our location is very suited to do this type of operation since we are in the "no mans land" of internet so any legal aspect is hardly affecting us. And its the legal stuff possible complications that developers most fear.

Convinceing LEC will be hard but we can try it anyway. I wanted to consult with you first before I go foward and start to make the plan.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Should be a staff beta as you know you can trust us.  Someone on the forums could potentially leak it.

It will be an evolving of our feedback forum - nothing fancy - just more coordination.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Well it could be a very good idea.  But it couldn't be open. If it would be open it would be simply the patch ;)

About legal aspects, it's not a problem, we can make a little team (with PFF mods running major fansites). For example, it's not a problem for to give LEC personal information as I'm eaw-fr webmaster. I think it would be the same thing for Junker, Sven, Lion, Cain, Ismael etc.

But you have to wonder, what would be our role ? There are LEC testers ... ;)

The idea is good, but I don't think they will go for it. It would have to probably be a closed beta between the staff and a few trusted members if any. I mean if the beta is open to everybody then it really isnt a beta. Personally, I think they will think it is too much of a hassle and wont go for it.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Well by now most people now say we are trusted so why not? Even the devs said we are helpful so Lec could think of the same thing? Well the Admin/Moderator and Garbageben could work out. What does Lucasarts have to lose besides money? Support? Trust?