T4-b tanks i can't get them yet but it says i can

i have have all of the planets upto the mon calamari mission so not tatoine or those but i do have like fresia kuat kessel those and i can't seem to build heavy factories yet and i don't know why

plus i am having trouble just keeping my planets from the empire cuz they take one over every 5 minutes and i can't keep building new spacecraft and tanks(t2-b tanks and lots of em') and i can only build t2-b tanks so i want to know why i can't build t4-b tanks and speeders. i am at tech level 4 with only light factories

and another question is how do i keep the empire away long enough to rebuild my spacecraft(i usually win but at a deadly cost[maybe 2/3 of my crafts are gone by the end of the battle])

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

``i also have another question when these are answered just 1~~

To place this image on your web page; select, copy and paste this code::

In order to solve your problem, I will ask you these questions three:

Well...have you researched it with the droids?

Have you built a heavy factory?

Is your game messed up?

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

1. i have researched all the available planets with the droids

2. no it won't let me build heavy factories(thats the problem) and it doesn't give the option to i have aquired the tech level needed to build it though

3. i really don't think so i think it might just be i'm not quite understanding it yet

All I've noticed is, besides the droids stealing everything (including the T4-B plans + Heavy Factory plans), you have to have a Light Factory already made on a planet before you can then build the Heavy Factory there.  You won't be able to make them otherwise.

Be sure to pick a planet with plenty of building slots on it as well.  Otherwise you may find yourself accidentally demolishing a prerequisite structure and therefore not even see the Heavy Factory building option in the que.

All I've noticed is, besides the droids stealing everything (including the T4-B plans + Heavy Factory plans), you have to have a Light Factory already made on a planet before you can then build the Heavy Factory there.  You won't be able to make them otherwise.

Be sure to pick a planet with plenty of building slots on it as well.  Otherwise you may find yourself accidentally demolishing a prerequisite structure and therefore not even see the Heavy Factory building option in the que.

so you are saying that i don't have a planet that can have a heavy factory the lowest ones on the map i own are kuat kessel those two others that are next to it and then two up in the direction up to alderaan and fresia so not many

what do you mean i demolish the prerequisite structure i don't follow???

i have light factories on most of my planets and level 4 space stations and also barracks a couple with infiltrator or commander academies

every time i go into battle i lose most or all of my tanks(able only if i retreat) and i lose most of my soldiers and that all i get soldiers and t2-b tanks i build all of it upto my POP cap and i put them into battle but i lose most of them and i can't build them up again before the empire strikes again right now i have been defending kessel and kuat i can't even proceed while they attack so much

now if anyone understands that please shed some light for me

Okay let me try and clear this up...

In order to make a T4-B tanks you have to have a heavy factory. In order to have a heavy factory you must have a light factory.

So... you need to find a planet with enough build slots and then build a light vehicle factory. When that is done, the option for a heavy vehicle factory will appear. Build that one. Then T4-B tanks.

Did that work?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

no it won't let me build a heavy factory but i do have the stolen technology and i do have a light factory 4 infact all on different planets

i still need help...

i am wondering if the planets i own have the capability of heavy factories or does that even matter

please read above for i need help on the above too

Try building one on Mon Cal, Kuat, Corusant, Byss, Bestine, or some other big planet.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

Try building one on Mon Cal, Kuat, Corusant, Byss, Bestine, or some other big planet.

ok i own kuat and i have a light factory on it but it won't let me build a heavy factory on it "yet"

i haven't been able to win the ground battle for mon cal and that is the last mission i have done so far "stealing from the rich" or sumthin like that

Popcorn's got what I was trying to say.

I wonder if, what your problem is, is that your playing in Campaign mode (not Conquest), and that its possible you might not get the Heavy Factory (or build the tanks even) until you finish your next mission?

I played the campaign well over a week ago so I don't remember.  I do know that you can steal up to a certain tech level with the droids before you can't anymore - not until the next mission is done.  Tech progression is pretty well fixed in Campaigns.

However, you did say you were at Tech 4 right?  If I read my quick chart right for the game, T4-Bs are Tech 3 while speeders are Tech 4.  You should already have it so yea, that's confusing.

I would take out the next planet in the mission and see what happens after (best to probably dominate the space above it first, so you can have more troops and bombers in orbit while you do it - may want to take out any problem enemy planets before this though along the way).

I can't think of whatever else it could be other than an odd bug.  If you win the next mission and you still don't get it, I would replay the game your doing with the exact settings if you remember them and see if you can't repeat what's happened here, then report it to that thread topic.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Beat the next campaign mission, and then you should be able to get them.(provided that you research them with the droids) If you don't, then just restart or load a previous saved game before you were at Tech 3. (but you might start out with level 3....can't remember)Just load before you've researched T4-B's(assuming that you have)