Re: Total Realism Includes CE Maps (Legal?)

Popcorn2008

Errr.... Im not really sure what to do about this one. The total realism mod has decided to include the CE maps for free download. The creator gives his reasons as to why it is legal, but it really isnt. Technically he should have written agreement from Lucas Arts to distribute their maps no matter how much they cost, or if they will be distibuted with the editor in the future. What should we do? I mean we cant let them get away with this piracy, as that's whats going on here.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

If you guys on .net ban him we will do the same. He is not allowed to release those maps.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Were discussing the issue over there as well. We already had to block a thread over at .net because someone was trying to release the CE maps, and this guy knows that but he still posted his mod over at .net

I'll keep you informed on what we do, but if we do this mutually it will be for the best. I'll pass your word on Cain.

EDIT: Okay, Im going to go ahead on .net and erase the download link until the guy makes a version w/o the CE maps. Im going to publically warn him over there. Okay I went ahead and removed the link here as well.

Edited by Popcorn2008

> LucasForums Moderator

Notify Lion and [LEC]Dave S. as well. If he is cut on all 4 main EAW forums he is dead.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Seems like it's taken care of, I got this PM:

Hey Pop, im sending you this pm from PFF forums, i hope you check them like in LF, yet, i sent you the exact same message there too (just in case Smiley).

About the CE maps, i think i was clear in the first posts of EaW:TR (before it was uploaded). They must be in the 1/4 page of the thread.  One of the reasons (apart from advertising) we informed people 2 days before upload was also this, to check how CE was "officially" regarded. You mention that you i did have knowledge of the locked message at LF forums, but i don't think you asked Torpid or any other official source before proceeding...correct me if wrong, cause i did and the answer was:

Quote from: Darth_Torpid-PG

I did see the post, but since i hadn't any clear info from LEC, i decided not to invoke. I will process your question (* whether it is illegal to distribute CE maps) to LEC, but you know that LEC people take their time in such issues...

Now, the point is that not only the moderators got plenty of time to tell me "it might be illegal, so, make a version without CE maps or we will lock the thread", but some moderators (you may check the thread for names...) congratulated us too.

Anyway, since i see that this may get your forums into trouble (hosting "illegal" material - *sigh*, sounds like drug dealing Grin), which i do not intend in any circumstance (you know afterall that im in LF forums long time, im not a newbie spammer/spoilers etc), no matter that LEC still hasn't informed Torpid about this issue, and no matter it's just a simple "yes/no", i have re-packed right after i saw the messages the EaW:TR package and uploaded onto the site.

If you download the current version, you'll notice that there are no maps and no referance to them in the readme files (english/french). I keep the original readmes until i get that "Yes, distribute them".

Now i hope this is enough, so that you could open the thread again and place the links (or if you dont have ill do it), so that i can modify the quoeted message too.

Sorry for the whole trouble. Believe me, if someone wants to steal people's swept (Petroglyph's), would post a link to an image file of the game or look directly into P2P programs. I really like those guys and it's one of the reasons i paid 50 euros for the game; i would pay 60 for CE.

Best regards

Athanasios

PS: Now you may try the mod as well and unleash the power of a marching ATAT Wink

> LucasForums Moderator