Banner Advertising

Hast1ngs

Guest Scathane

Why? The banner's you see on this website are all non-commercial initiatives... By bannering, we can strengthen our presence on the web at no cost at all...

What is it that bothers you about them?

I think the banners are a bit much and i will explain. I go to the main page then click forums then click general discussion read what i want then click back and go to questions from newbies read what i wanted and in the end I had 11 ie screens that had a banner. it is a bit much i understand banners can help but 11 of them seems a bit excessive. it seems everytime you click a post you get a new banner right now i have 5 of them activated about to delete them without reading them which i would dare to say is what most people do anyway.
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

It's not the banners, but the popup ads. Every time that you go from one page to another, you get banner popups. It's really annoying. but if it helps the site, I can probably learn to live with it.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Don't think I can Wormie! I seriously hate unasked for stuff bouncing up on my computer when i'm on the web. I thought I was a member of a site above all this crap. Everytime I click on anything as well.

I don't like it.

If the site need's cash, explain why and take it from there.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I am probably going to get trounced about this next suggestion but if the site needs cash how about monthly memberships. I'm not saying go crazy but even $1 a month from every member even if only half agreed that could generate nearly 1000/month I really like this site and would gladly pay a small membership fee. $1 a month or $9.95/year something like that may help any finacial problems
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Woo! One shut down and error report to post a reply. :!:

I'm up for that, but given the problems we have my friend with the subject matter; a game that's six years old, completely unsupported by Lucas Arts, and quite frankly completely slated by the gamming industry as a whole, how far do you reckon we're going to get attracting new blood/casual observers by charging them to participate in our community? Think about it dude!

The last time a member of the Key Staff raised the issue of raising money was Stormfront, who completely failed to explain why. The owner didn't know why either when I asked him. So I figured Stormfront was requesting funds for completely non-site related interests, which seriously angered me, given out of loyalty to the site I was equiped with my credit card. He can respond now, given he ignored my simple requests of why I would be donating a day's wage to the site...

I was not impressed.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

• SWR Staff - Executive

Wait, are we talking about the banner exchanges above (the 486x60 images) or popup ads?

This site has never used popup ads or other commercial ad services to host this site. Funding is graciously provided by the owner JediIgor. Stormfront was considering moving this to his server, if he got the funds necessary. Obviously his work on this site was rejected with zero donations from this community.

We've always run banner exchanges to:

a) promote our own site

b) promote other Star Wars sites

As well, we affliate with other Star Wars sites, attacting visitors to both helps maintain the attraction to the community. Sites on these banner exchanges are regulated by their staff, however we try and maintain those that have good reputations and a diversified banner system.

We all have lives here, so things may slip through sometimes. We're not robots.. we're human. However, I do maintain the website daily as much as possible. You can contact me through numerous mediums.. I'm frequently free to discuss anything.

So don't believe we're apathetic about this site. I have promised to maintain this site as long as we have hosting.. and so far, we've been one of the longest Star Wars communities available.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

so traffic-power.com is reputable? every time i refresh a page or go to a new one i get one of these stupid pop-unders. these stupid things are so pathetic they have to pop-under the site and try to hide themselves.

Guest Scathane
If all's well, vakundok has located the banner responsible... I'm sure everything will be back to normal soon.