Expanding the scope of the site....

Jahled

Ok, just a thought; but in the light of Evader's Homepage post, would it be in our interests to expand the scope (and appeal) of the site; for example to include other Star Wars games such as Galaxies, Jedi Knight, in greater depth, to attract more contributersand active members?

Your thoughts, gentlemen.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Very good idea Jahled, I think it would be great to have more In-Depth info on Galaxies and Jedi Knight. :D

I'm all for it! :D

Guest Scathane
I don't know whether that's feasible... You see, the point is that there are a heck of a lot of Star Wars sites out there. The reason for this site going reasonably well is that it's one of the few Rebellion sites out there. If we were to add sections that other sites have as well without offering something different, then the chances that you'll fail are very high... Edited by Scathane

Scath is right. This is the only SWR site on the net... There are many JK or Galaxies sites on the net, what could we offer to match them? We should focus on advancing with the TC and other stuff for Rebellion.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Perhaps a SWG player could write a small guide or something or vice-versa for Jedi Knight II. Just thoughts....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Scathane
Perhaps a SWG player could write a small guide or something or vice-versa for Jedi Knight II. Just thoughts....
Go ahead... :D

• SWR Staff - Executive

I'm up for suggestions.. of course, you'll have to actually find some one to do the work :)

I don't mind expanding to other areas, but the core will always remain SWR. If you think of something we can include that no other site does (Force Commander comes to mind), please talk to me.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

...what would be the point?

[rant]

As mentioned before, there are plenty of sites dedicated to other games in the Star Wars universe (with the notable exception of Force Commander, which was also mentioned earlier). I agree that to take on that kind of radical change to this fine site would mean having to offer unique content that relates to those games. The various customizations for Rebellion offered here are what makes this place so unique, but trying to find equivalent content for other games to post here just seems to be a waste of time.

We have interactive fan-art (cards), a place for fan fiction (Rebellion war stories), offerings for the Mod-community (RebEd as a whole, but also 3-D modelling), a collaborative 'Mod' in the works, and the potential for uncovering THE Holy Grail of Rebellion editing, 'The Source Code' (cue dramatic music and cheesy lens flare here)...about the only thing I could see you adding is an upgrade for the RebEd html help, completing all the empty sections, as well as providing a similar guide for model editing and/or ResHack for all of us newbies. Maybe even maintain an image gallery of hard-to-find and/or original Star Wars images for users to download for the creation of their own cards (better encyclopedia images of the A-Wing, B-Wing, Y-Wing, and ALL the TIE's come to mind).

The point is, I came here for one thing and one thing only: to find info on Rebellion. Whether that 'info' is cards for RebEd, finding people to play with, a place to tell my favorite Rebellion story, or what have you, this is THE place to find it, and I don't want to have to wade though a dozen other game titles to find it. I think your collective efforts would be better spent by getting word out to all those Star Wars fans who maybe at one time DID play Rebellion (but were turned off by it for one reason or another) about the upcoming TC, or that we're trying to get ahold of the Source Code to make Rebellion the game that it we all dream it COULD be. I didn't even find out about RebEd until last year, and I would've jumped on that bandwagon years ago if I'd heard about it sooner.

[/rant]

But then again, I'm a newbie here, and just a lowly cadet at that, not to mention I have NO experience at running a website, let alone marketing one, so...

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Fair enough! :roll:

I only posted the original post because as the game gets older and older, I was worried about interest in it and this site ebbing and drifting away. In all honesty, I think I was wrong.

The game's source code is something that is beginning to hack me off. But we're sort of discussing that elsewhere, in so far as getting our paws on it...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I don't think the interest if ebbing instead it's gaining... Reb players will eventually find tehir way into the site.. I came because one day after downloading stuff for modding XWA I thought of looking for anyhthing to mod Rebellion... Most people will think of the games they own and look for way to enhance them. We're are at 2000+ and gaining...
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I dont think there is anything that we need to attract people of other platforms. I think we should have other sections for other games and it could be user submitted stuff. one of the things i like about this site, possably the only thing is the forums where i can talk to people with the same interests and ideals, well sometimes. if we added another area for games i believe first rebellion users with other games would use it but gradually would attract other paople. the quality of this site shows. I did a gooogle search for star wars rebellion and this site was the FIRST to show up before lucasarts original site, given it isnt very good but anyways. i have looked for a site of equal quality on other games and have not found one, so to sum what i said up i think adding other games would grow due to the quality of the site and especially the quality of the forums.

just my 2 cents, hopefully i can be back again, i missed alot while i didnt check the forums for a few months.

Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Your thoughts, gentlemen.

**cough, cough** excuse me...there does appear to be 1 female on this site :wink::wink:

I agree with all the statments given, I think the site is good now, but could slightly imrove with siad additions. If it were expanded to uch it could loose its appeal to others.

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif