Do you like Anime?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Anime?

• Yes!
    • Some!
    • No!

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Hello All,

This is a poll to see how many anime fans we have on SWRebellion.com.

For those of you who do not know what "Anime" is, here is some insight. Anime is a form of animation that was created in Japan and has gradually gotten popular in the U.S. Shows such as Dragon Ball Z, Gundam, Cowboy Beebop, and Yu Yu Hakusho, plus many more.

This thread is also for discussions on anime.

Later,

Josh

Yes, but I am quite particular about the anime I watch. I hate the little-kid like animes of DBZ and such, but prefer the better plotted animes. Here:

-COWBOY BEBOP
    -Mobile Suit GUNDAM
    -Mobile Suit GUNDAM: The 08th MS Team
    -Mobile Suit GUNDAM 0080: War in the Pocket
    -Mobile Suit Zeta GUNDAM

To just name a few.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
DBZ was just a reference that people have heard about. I especially love Cowboy Beebop and Gundam 08th Team.

Antilliles, did you know that Mobile Suit Zeta GUNDAM and Mobile Suit GUNDAM: F91 (the movie) are both coming to the U.S. around October time this year? :D I am quite excited! :D

Also, Dragon Ball GT has already arrived in the U.S. and will start airing on Cartoon Network's Toonami block soon.

Actually, I messed up. :oops: Mobile Suit Zeta GUNDAM won't be coming to the U.S. until 2004, same for F91. :oops: The coolest thing, though, is that F91 will be in theaters!!! :D YIPEE!!! Go here for the full report/article (no worries, it's not long).

For some reason I find it disturbing :? , lol. The way the words don't match up to thier mouths 8O:roll: and the style of art is just diffrent from what I prefer. I don't hate it or anything, jut do not prefer it I guess.
http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
For some reason I find it disturbing :? , lol. The way the words don't match up to thier mouths 8O:roll: and the style of art is just diffrent from what I prefer. I don't hate it or anything, jut do not prefer it I guess.

In some cases that is true. They are getting better though a "Dubbing" the movies/shows. On the animation I can't help you there. Its take it or leave it type thing. At least you don't hate it! :D

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Yes, I saw that in the last issue of the SW Insider. I am interested to see how it will be.

Sadly, the Clone War animated shorts do not interest me.

A few more animes I like a lot...and now, SOCL's revised list:

-COWBOY BEBOP
    -Mobile Suit GUNDAM
    -Mobile Suit GUNDAM: The 08th MS Team
    -Mobile Suit GUNDAM 0080: War in the Pocket
    -Mobile Suit Zeta GUNDAM
    -Lupin the 3rd
    -The Big O

Here's a report a got from the Mecha Anime Headquarters, which covers some of the new animes that will be coming out, including news over the 2005 new GUNDAM series. Of course, no one knows much about it since the newest series, Gundam SEED, is still airing in Japan, but, hey, it's news. Well, any how, you can read the full report here.

• 1 month later...
Well, I like Gundam (all), Trigun the Dragonball series and Cowboy Bebop

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

• 4 weeks later...
I have some more news (some things I picked up here and there). Gundam SEED is reportedly coming to the states soon and currently a second season or a second series (they're not sure which) of SEED is on the way and is tentatively--and uncreatively :roll: --called Gundam SEED 2.