The Wheel of Time Thread!

Guest Admiral_Antilles

What do you think of WoT?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of WoT?

• I LOVE them!!!
    • Yeah, they're good but I have read better.
    • I don't like them very much.
    • I hate them!
    • What is WoT?

Guest Admiral_Antilles

This thread is about the novels by Mr. Robert Jordan. They are fantasy books of Good versus Evil. I have just discovered these Amazing novels, and hoped to attract other WoT readers for discussions about anything to do with WoT. Also to get other people interested with WoT as well.

One thing though I would appreciate if you would give warning before you post a possible spoiler. Thank you!

I am also including a poll to see what you all think about WoT.

They are defenitly worth the read, if you like LOTR but thought that there wasn't enough magical stuff or character development you will like the WOT books.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Admiral_Antilles

They are great fantasy books! If you even remotely liked LOTR you will love WoT! :D

Question wormie: Do Rand, Mat, Perrin, Egwene, etc. Stay together through the books? Or do they break up? Or do they have new Characters each time? No spoilers or anything but if you could give some info it would be great. :D

Won't give any spoilers, but they break up, come back together and break up again. They do this to build up the character development. Perrin and Mat are by far my favorite Characters.

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I personally like Lan, and Rand. But Perrin and Mat are very interesting characters. Which book is you're favorite so far? I have almost finished book one and I don't know how a book could get better!

It's hard to pick a favorite, but you'll find out why Mat and Perrin are my favorite Characters.

I think that it was either the second or third book, I can't remember which because they all start to blend together after a while.

Not a problem, anytime.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I just finished book 1. It was great! I am on page 150 in the 2nd and it is already shaping to be better than the first. :D

It looks like me and you are the only WoT fans on SWRebellion.com, wormie.

That's their loss then.

What's happening at that point of the book?

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Possible Spoiler*********

Rand, Mat, and Perrin just rode off to recover the Horn of Valere that was stolen by the Fade. Plus Egwene, Nynaeve and the Aes Sedai went to Tar Valon. That is as far as I have gotten. Anything get interesting soon?

Things get very interesting, very interesting indeed.

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Yeah it is, I just bought books 3 and 4 since I am halfway through book 2. I figure I will read them soon so it won't hurt to get them now. :D

Hows book 5, wormie?

It's pretty good. I currently have it on the back burner right now though, as I am reading Force Heretic III: Reunion.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I just finished book two and started book three. I loved the 2nd better than the 1st! I still like Rand though, I also like Perrin now too.