A question about weapons

pviddy

has anyone noticed that in the stats of some ships, 'heavy turbolaser' is used as well as just 'turbolaser?' what is the difference? does the game reflect any difference? :?::?
Dude, the Shnozzleberries taste like....shnozzleberries...

Guest Scathane
No, I can't say that I have... :? If you're referring to the Turbolaser and the Lasercannon, then I would be a lot clearer on the matter... that is, I would be a lot clearer as to what you're talking about. If you ask me the difference is in effectiveness: lasercannons are effective against fighters.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Yeah, The higher stats on Lasers allows the Capital ship to be an effective AntiFighter ship. Good turbolasers allow the Capital ship to be effective against other Capital ships, Pviddy.

• 2 weeks later...

And what is the ION cannon? More than a Turbo - or LASERcannon apart from the damage on ship systems?

I believe its more like Turbolaser but iam not sure. :?

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well you said youreself Ion cannons effect shields like Scath said, they also however, effect weapons and engines which scath forgot. So in a sense you are both right. :D

Guest Scathane
Ion Cannons disable shields, engines, tractor beams, hyperdrive, but do not do any hull damage...
This is such a typical thing for the FAQ, don't you agree?

Guest Scathane
You may be right. However, since we claim to be the most extensive website on Rebellion around and because manuals get lost (not to mention that, manual or no, the question comes up in these forums), I feel it makes good FAQ-material. :D