Legend of Piett

igorimp

A rather wacky thing happened in one of my Imperial games vs. an AI.

I started with Piett immediatly in one of the less important sector where I had only one planet, the rebels had a few and the rest were neutral.

With Piett's diplomacy rating, I normally started about to bring justice to neutral planets. I converted 3 planets rather quickly (which I didn't hold as really important) until the Rebels crashed into the sector with a small strike fleet. I had no ships yet there (as it was only about 50 days on) and the fleet bombarded one pro-rebel planet controlled by me. You can imagine what happened - the entire sector went up in flames. :? The fleet then went away and Piett set about with political damage control. In just 10+ days, he ALONE brought order to 2 planets and incresed my support in the secter from ~40 to ~70 % in just another 20 days (that's speed!). 8O

I was shocked by this success, and decided to give him a "promotion" by sending him to Coruscant and giving him a fleet. :D

The reason for his success became apparent as Vader identified him as force capable. 8O

The conclussion: Force-capable characters have better stats even BEFORE they start training as Jedi. It is with training that they gain real skill.

PS. Soon after the Rebel fleet brought problems to the sector again. But the story has a happy ending: around day 200, Admiral Piett returned with a fleet of 3 ISDs and support fleet and took the entire sector in a matter of days. By then, he was also a Jedi Knight... :twisted:

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

There is only one EMPEROR'S GRAND PLAN.

By the way, the Emperor's not dead... he's just resting...

Guest Scathane

This community is getting better and better! After The Drayson Incident, we now have The Legend of Piett! :D

I've read your post and must say I find it remarkable! Even if (and I say if) Force-sensitive characters have better stats before they're identified, I think it was a remarkable feat!

I wonder whether anyone else has any other suggestiosn as to what happened...

Yes. You should have seen it actually happen.

I found it very amusing that the sector fell apart after Piett left it. :lol:

I always knew there was a reason for his fast promotion in The Empire Strikes Back. Now we know the truth: Vader knew he was force-capable...

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

There is only one EMPEROR'S GRAND PLAN.

By the way, the Emperor's not dead... he's just resting...