Re: General game ideas to help multiplayer

Here are some things that I have thought of to help the mp experience a bit:

- Make the drop down menus "on top" as currently you have a hard time selecting lower items that overlap a button, i.e. the game type dropdown on the filters dialog.

- Have the selection line (and mouse click) cause the currently selected game in the list to update.  That way if you click once on a game you can see it refresh without having to wait for the entire list to update.

- Campaign games should have an autosave feature on a time interval or right after a battle or a combination of both.

- The general interface for mp connecting and the lists needs a complete revamp as it is not very feature complete, let alone feature rich.  Very simple items that could help are interactivity with chat names to include right clicking on a name to give options like ignore, add to buddies list, etc.

- Direct IP option of course would be a huge benefit and has been avidly requested by many gamers.  The absence of which is an inhibitor to some actually purchasing the game.

Please add ideas to this list that would enhance and strengthen the MP portion of this game.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

I just hope some of the connectivity issues are fixed first. All the bells and whistles, while nice, can wait until the system becomes a little more stable.

I spent a half hour trying to start a 2on2 with my friends, and everyone playing has all their settings correct because we have all played before.

Very simple items that could help are interactivity with chat names to include right clicking on a name to give options like ignore, add to buddies list, etc.

Yeah, I would like this also. I haven't played an rts without features like ignore and such.

Also, balance balance balance. The MP definitely needs more balance.

On this issue, however, I have complete confidence that Petro will do something to fix this in future patches.

Not so confident about the other issues. ;D

"For every TIE fighter you shoot down, a thousand more rise to take its place"

-Baron Fel

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/baronfel66.png

Good to hear Delphi

i'll just take this opportunity to beg:

PLEASE give us IP-IP connection! i'll pay the cost of a freaky expansion pack for this feature alone! so pretty please!  ;D

and the document solved my issuse with actually getting into the MP browser hehe

and in response to Hadokens comment, what is this reverse darwinism? should the smart people be punished for taking precautions?

i bought the game too, so sit in the corner and be quiet until Petro work the kinks out.

And the auto dl of mods from the server would be nice, save some time, make sure their are no conflicts.  but over gamespy.... it would take.... we could die of old age by the time it gets done!  :-\

I like the autosave idea for the campaign.  If a player disconnects, the game should pause, save, and then exit.  since its gamespy, disconnecting will happen... often.

need to work out a good time between auto saves too, every 5 minutes would just be annoying. 10 - 15 maybe?  ???

and after battles would be good too, since those will happen alot, the chances of losing your progress will decrease :)

I'd like all units to be show on the selection aprt of the HUD at all times, Rome: Total War style, one of the features of this game was reduced micromanagement, so why leave this micro in?

and to anybody whos going to say it, micro is not fun.  kicking your opponents @$$ with superior tactics is fun, using your units to maximum effect is fun, and having a grand strategy that leads to a final, apocalyptic battle (win or lose, as long as its cool) is fun.

the hypervelocity gun needs to do more damage & the ion cannon needs to have a longer recharge time

I'd also really like to see a feature where you choose the initial units for space battles, the computer picks the worst units for the job.  Anyway this can be done would be fantastic.

thanks for reading this and sorry for the ranting ;D

- Direct IP option of course would be a huge benefit and has been avidly requested by many gamers.  The absence of which is an inhibitor to some actually purchasing the game.

Yes PLEASE!.. 

A friend of mine refuses to buy the game until it has direct IP to IP connecting.

worked great for me at home.

I think that is a false statement. You don't have a home. You really should have said "office" or something like that.  ;D

Anywho....I will definately take the time to make sure I don't have any firewalls, and I hope everyone else does. My advise is to play with people you know don't have a firewall(i.e. most of the PFF people)

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

and the document solved my issuse with actually getting into the MP browser hehe

and in response to Hadokens comment, what is this reverse darwinism? should the smart people be punished for taking precautions?

i bought the game too, so sit in the corner and be quiet until Petro work the kinks out.

i will re-phrase fire walls that are on

my EAW online screen name

[PFF]HAdoken13