Re: New moderator help for the mods forum

Cain

The Workshop will soon grow beyond our wildest imaginations - so I am giveing to Spartan moderator powers to help there. He is one of the most known RTW modders.

I really hope we will all benefit from his experience. He is as smart as Jedi_Igor but beeing more older than us all he is more soft in logics ... so to speak.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Thanks for you support. I'll do what I can to assist in the cultivation the community in order to help it grow into a vibrant dynamic forum supporting artistic endeavors from beginners to professionals for all to enjoy.  :P
"The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, and power over nothing" - Herodotus

Welcome aboard Spartan!

And Cain I do agree, even though it may seem we have too many moderators many of them dont moderate. And this place is being overran by new members so we will need all the extra help we can get  :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

DeathSquire36 has also been asked to help in the mods area.

Community Manager Cain???

PFF Community Manager

Ah.  I though that maybe it was with one of your projects with EA

Nope - I work in production there.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I admit I haven't been doing all that much moderating recently.  Too busy modifying my game  ;D

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Well I requested Lion to help with the news cloning. He is posting them on his site anyway so insted of us getting them from there he can always double post here.

• 6 months later...
SWM and Popcorn you have moderator powers? Seems like you have everything or i'm just confused atm. Maybe you got promoted by Foshjedi but I donno it says your in the group and everything like that but you guys claim not to have any powers.

Well i can still do the News stuff and i do moderator i've given several warnings and a ban for flaming, but i dont have powers everywhere so i mainly stick to the Main Topics and Threads.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

Well, since the recent problem with the MySQL database we've been reduced to about 700 - 800 members, and I haven't seen a single spambot, flamebot, or trollbot anywhere in the forums, whichi is definantly a good thing.

Also, we need to start sending out PMs and E-mails to all the older members like Ishamel and all those members, which we need back to the forums. We reall need them back, as they were the masters of PFF, so to speak, and they really made the PFF a warm, welcoming place. That, and the fact that they had information with them.

I guarantee you as soon as FoC comes out we will have a buzz of activity as more and more members discover the PFF and log-on. This also poses a problem, as hackers can easily asscess this site and send in waves of bots. So we all need to be on the lookout the day before, the day, and the day after FoC is released. So just keep an eye out for anyone that seems to be doing something other than visiting the forums.