58 members have voted

1. 1. How many stars do you give EAW

• 1 star
    • 2 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 5 stars

I would give it a 5... but these factors made me give it a 4:

> Bug-Riddled. The single player campaign is bugged like crazy as is multiplayer connectivity. though this is mostly gamespys fault for the multiplayer the single player shouldnt be as bad as it is at times.

> No Map Editor. I would have prefered a map editor along with the release instead of having to wait for "mod tools". BfII is still waiting for mod tools and its been 6 months. Lets hope this doesnt end up like them.

> Death Star. Eh, I hate how you can't attack the death star while in tactical battle. Why cant red squadron attack it before it shots down the planet?

> Land Battles. I wish they had anouter factor to them, besides just attacking. It needs something to make it less repetitive.

> Bonus CD. Nothing really good on it, except the added maps. The screensavers look like beginer programming expierements and the wallpapers are so so. The concept art is pretty intereasting, ill give them that.

> No DVD Format. This is really Lucas Arts fault. Here in America there was no DVD release. Why not? They need to get with the times.... even BF II had a DVD release.

> No Diplomacy. Self explainatory.

> Cutscenes. I would have loved more of these. Petro, words of wisdom, cutscenes are real fun to watch.  ;D

> The Ending. Well the Empires was a little short for me... and odd. We see the death star fire..? Then the emperor and vader in a death star hanger. I wish they would have conversated a bit more, to show us what the future was in this alternate time line. That would have been much fun. More words of wisdom, medium-long endings = success. As players feel they got what they worked for. As far as the rebel ending, I would have loved to see something more as well.

> Trench Run. Why cant there be an element of chance envolved? If Lord Vader is in the imperial fleet we should see a cutscene with him trying to shoot Luke down. If the han solo is in the rebel fleet then this is thrawted but if not then luke is shot down. This would be an added balance for the game that would have been fun.

> Geared toward non-technical players. I love micro managment. I loved Rebellion because of this. I wish they would have added more complex stories, and features.

My real rating is more like 4.7/5

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I gave it 4.

I think this is a fun action based rts, it might not be a complicated as rome-TW but to me this is a plus i don't want to be a stat whore or have to play 60 hours before i can be competent at the game.

I like the diversity of having land and space battles combined with rebels or imperials it adds a good variety in the gameplay for me, i also like the campaigns although a tad short the conquest games are good fun in that when taking a planet you never know what you might run into initially, or when you come under attack what will be landing to take on the small force of 3 squads of stormtroopers you have for the defense of the planet.

I much prefer this to the majority of other rts games which start of with me on one side and the AI on the other side of the map and its build a base time and maybe i might try out my new 1337 rush tactic ???

Graphics are good imo the textures maybe could be worked on but the heat/bloom effects look nice and the lasers/rockets explosions are v-nice, though i have not experienced the bugs other players have i do find land battles a bit slow and find it a game engine problem rather than a graphic one.

The problem with this game that I see is balance.  The Rebels are way out of balance.  The mark of the movies is apparent.  Even with mistaken impressions from the movies.  I give it a 2.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png