Empire at war ladder launches

News Release

23 Feb 2006

Empireatwar.net has launched a brand new 1v1 campaign ladder. Users can still play on gamespy but instead of playing using the 'Quick Match' mode, which throws up random settings, players can play a normal custom match, using the settings that both players agree on.

Once the game has ended, the LOSER visits the ladder site and reports the loss. Its that simple and easy!

http://www.myleague.com/empireatwar

DMUK

www.empireatwar.net

DMUK

Edited by DarthMaulUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

yeah having a ladder to keep track of skill levels so you can play against people that are your skill level, instead of playing someone whos tactical skills outclasses yours all hollow, or playing someone so terrible, it becomes more than a  waste of your time to trash their tie-wing fleets... but it would be even nicer to have the next patch to include commands that can recall your and other players stats while in game or in a lobby, such as warcraft iii or starcraft, or any blizzard game for that matter, as well as a website that one can go to to see the ladder chart.

having the game record the stats automatically instead of having to report them yourselves would be a big time saver and save people from having to go through a huge hassle to close the program, go to a site, report the scores(if they are even true), then load the game back up, because not everyones computer is up to snuff to have this all happen within fifteen seconds, such as mine. it also saves the time of having to find out who is lying with their scores and who is not, because there will always be that dishonest punk who has to try and cheat his/her way to the top.

oh and hey cain what name are you going by on the multiplayer? i wanna play you...

First off....instead of double posting, just edit your original one and add to it. It's that simple! It really works!(sounds like an infomercial) Note:.....this deal is not sold in stores....you can only get it with this limited time offer from... ;D

Second of all: The ladder sounds like a bloody good idea.(i sound like a pirate...yarr) Except is it matched on wins/losses? I know people who are good, but play people that are amazing, thus having poor records. On the flip side(heads or tails)I also know people who aren't very good, but end up playing worse people, and then have amazing records.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

oh and hey cain what name are you going by on the multiplayer? i wanna play you...

Probably Cain - I hope the nick will still be open by the time I get online.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

If Cain is taken, PFF Cain won't be. You should be fine.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

First off....instead of double posting, just edit your original one and add to it. It's that simple! It really works!(sounds like an infomercial) Note:.....this deal is not sold in stores....you can only get it with this limited time offer from... ;D

Second of all: The ladder sounds like a bloody good idea.(i sound like a pirate...yarr) Except is it matched on wins/losses? I know people who are good, but play people that are amazing, thus having poor records. On the flip side(heads or tails)I also know people who aren't very good, but end up playing worse people, and then have amazing records.

\\

sorry i didnt realize i double posted... nor do i know where i double posted but yeah... i figure that the game's ladder should go by a level system... that way if a person who has a high level, earned that high level by playing bad players, will start to lose games and therefor levels by playing genuinely good high level players, evening out the skill levels so that lesser skilled players play lesser skilled players and higher skilled players play higher skilled players etc etc....

• 7 months later...
Do any of you guys still play on the ladder (quickmatch)?  I play it pretty much daily and was just wondering if I ran into any of you guys in the game.  I haven't been able to get under rank 131 (my personal best so far).  There are still some very skilled players out there, but it seems most of the really good folks are gone.  Hope that changes with FoC!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m83/qalsip/zak1_demo.jpg

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/zaknaril.png