Should I buy?

Sigma

Ok, I'm going to buy this game soon and need peoples opinion before I buy, so I have a few questions about the game....

1,what are the major problems with the latest version? (the patched version)

2,will mods beable to fix alot of these problems if they're not adressed to?

3, I heard a few people complain about a lack of strategy in the game, if there is a lack of strategy, will mods be able to somehow add strategy to the game?

thank you,  ;D

Edited by Cain
I strike again!

If you look for a single player game , i think its worth the buy .

But the MP is not working well , major problem to connect ... Very annoying mp .

So if you look for a mp game  , its not worth the buy .

Maybe if you play sp while they make the patch ...

Im sure they are going to support the game , but i dont think ill play this game in some weeks .

The mp is maybe fun , but its not a game im going to play for years like many others .

By the time the game will be fully operational for MP , ill be gone .

This is what a lot of ppl cant understand .

I would personally hold off a bit.

Wait and see what the Dev's have in store for updating this game. The single player does work, but it's gets kind of old, kinda quick.

My suggestion is, go down to your local internet cafe and see if they have installed the game on thier computers. Try it out on there with a few buddies and see if you like it enough to buy it.

I was actually given this game, and while I have kept loading it up, It's simply too repeatative to keep me coming back much longer.

I was actually given this game, and while I have kept loading it up, It's simply too repeatative to keep me coming back much longer.

The MP space is very cool atm , but im sure its going to be old soon enought .

Most game get old soon anyway .

The only game i played for years was Close Combat 3 (4 years), mohaa(1year) and rvs(1year) .

I dont have the game yet, but I uh *coughcough* got ahold of it, and all I can say is that it exceeded my expectations by a TON.

Unlike alot of people here, I didnt expect much from EAW. I expected a solid rts. Not a big strategy deal like a simulator or a grand strategy thing like rebellion or the like. But an rts like the Aoe series, AoM, the EE series, and the CandC series. And EAW is the perfect game if you are judging it by that standard, which it should be. I havent yet tried MP yet, from what others say it needs work, but I am fully confident it will soon offer the same enjoyable experience that those other rts's I mentioned did.

All in all, if you even like somewhat the rtss that I mentioned, this is a MUST get. My CE edition is coming on Wednesday and I cannot wait. ;D

"For every TIE fighter you shoot down, a thousand more rise to take its place"

-Baron Fel

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/baronfel66.png

it has stability issues regarding MP, but it will soon be resolved. please take part in posting in this thread and the dev's will try to sort those problems out ASAP.

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2634.0

thanks,

Amn Allen

http://home.earthlink.net/~bldumka/AFACC.gif

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/evoelementz.png