Have YOU played a Galatic campaign via LAN? Then please tell us this...

sp4mm

When pirate planets are engaged, is auto-resolve the only option? Or can the pirates be controlled by the opposing player?

I'm hoping somebody here knows the answer to this, though I'm not holding my breath.

Well, that's certainly disappointing, especially when I consider how badly battles are auto resolved.

It boggles my mind why Petroglyph didn't allow the other player to control the pirates. It would be a fun change to have it optional, and it would require hardly any effort on their part.

It is auto resolved everytime.

And it is highly annoying as to win without losing all your fleet you have to basically overwell their fleet with a fleet twice its size. Not to mention any planets controlled by noboddy at the begining of a galatic conquest is always controlled by pirates. Annoying :D

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

The problem with the other player as the pirates is that they get free Intel on the enemy fleet and where it is at.

To get better results from auto resolve, have as many different units as you.  Although you may not like to use them, it gives a better auto reslove.  When I battle my Y-wings get eating up, but when I had a lot against a small fleet and battle station, I had I lot less losses then I expected.  I also had like two units of every type.

The pirates should only be at extra spots or shortcuts.bypass to enemy backside or something.  But I have seen on some of the Galatic maps that they are on the way of getting to the enemy.  Galatic conquest should mostly stay between the two players and not have much to deal with the pirates.

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

I will face my fear

I will permit it to pass over me and through me

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing

Only I will remain

-- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/images/hierarchy_banner1.jpg

Sadly, no there is no option to remove pirates from galatic conquest.

That's would certainly be a nice option on the front-end... although you can easily mod the campaign file for whatever campaign you desire and remove all the pirates on the planets -- just make sure both players have the modded campaign file and you're golden.

Ishmael-PG

Sr. Designer

www.petroglyphgames.com

I'm sure it's done this way since your human opponent would just continue to build up offense/defense as you spend an hour fighting over a planet.

Just use C3PO or a probe droid to have some idea what's on the pirate planet, then send in a considerably larger force.

One of the pirate planets on the rebel side on the largest map offer higher than normal credits... I take that planet 1st thing and build mine facility in every slot. Big $.

Watch the language.

Lol. My thread gets blatantly trolled, I "please" tell the trolls to stop "shi--ing up my thread", all the troll posts get deleted and I sit up with a 'language' warning?

My oh my, in mysterious ways the mods here work! I am however going to repeat one thing that apparently got removed in the flurry...

Galatic conquest should mostly stay between the two players and not have much to deal with the pirates.

By "should" you surely mean "I think it should" -- I can't imagine an overwhelming majority agreeing with that opinion of yours to be honest.

By "should" you surely mean "I think it should" -- I can't imagine an overwhelming majority agreeing with that opinion of yours to be honest.

Should was to strong of a word.  It would be better if it just stayed between the players mostly. This would help in that you can't blame the Auto-reslove for a lost of a battle or the war.  If you beat someone without pirates, you know it was all you and not the help of a bad auto reslove your enemy had.

It is just an opinion.

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

I will face my fear

I will permit it to pass over me and through me

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing

Only I will remain

-- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/images/hierarchy_banner1.jpg