• Answers 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

ajksd fiour435893475948 kfvr4jktetgtrigrg'rg]rfgrf]grf

vbgf

hggfhgf 4tg89f

I HATE TOM CRUISE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah... He's such a moron. And he isn't even that great an actor, although he is better than some... LIKE HAYDEN... Yeah as much as I hate Cruise, I hate Hayden fifty times as much...

DAMN ACTORS!

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Oh man, Hayden Christianson is credited with the creation of "monotone acting".

"I will become the most powerful jedi ever."

"What have I done?"

"I will kill you, Obi-One"

(Bangs head against wall to get rid of Christianson's acting)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I like Spielburg, and despise Lucas. Funny that they're friends, maybe George should have let Steve direct the movies.

Lucas was going to have Spielburg direct ROTJ but after problems Lucas got into with the Directors Guild in ESB Lucas quit the quild. Spielburg IS a member of the Guild though so he couldn't be hired at the time to do ROTJ.

From the internet movie database (http://www.imdb.com):

To preserve the dramatic opening of the Star Wars movies, George Lucas insisted on moving all the credits to the end of the film. However, although the Writers' Guild and Directors' Guild had begrudgingly allowed this on Star Wars (1977) (because that film wasn't expected to be very successful), they resented the trend being continued on this film. First they tried to pull Empire from release, but were unsuccessful. They then fined Lucas heavily, and tried to fine Irvin Kershner, but Lucas paid all the fines himself (nearly $250,000). Lucas then bitterly dropped his membership in the Writers' Guild, Directors' Guild, and the Motion Picture Association of America, a move that has hindered his hiring choices on later films (see also Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)).

According to the documentary "Empire of Dreams", Steven Spielberg was George Lucas's first choice to direct, but Spielberg had to decline because he is a member of the Directors' Guild (Lucas dropped his Guild membership over disagreements about _Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)). As a result, Lucas hired the relatively unknown (and at the time non-union) Welsh director Richard Marquand.

According to a magazine interview with Irvin Kershner in May 2004, Kershner states that Richard Marquand didn't direct all of Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983), it was Kershner's assistant director and Lucas who took over after the actors didn't respond very well to Richard Marquand. The relationship between Marquand and Lucas was said to be bad.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Palpatine thing, somewhere I heard a rumor that Plaquies and Palpatine went to Tatooine and used the ability to create life in Shimi. Notice how Palpatine looks at Anakin when he says, "He even learned how to create life." I think it is a nod that that is some what the story. It wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened.

"Someday, somebody will best me. But it's not today, and it's not you"-DD

http://members.w-link.net/~imperatrix/images/thrawn3.jpg

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

• SWR Staff - Executive
It was in the scripts at one point, in fact. The idea that Palpatine "created" Anakin from the Force is all George Lucas.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Natural children, I'm fairly sure. Notice the conversation between Padme and Anakin:

Padme: "I have wonderful news Ani, I'm Pregnant!"

Anakin: "Thats wonderful!"

Not,

Padme: "I have wonderful news Ani, I'm Pregnant!"

Anakin: "What the? When did we..? It better not be Obi-Wan."

Padme: "No, it wasn't Obi-Wan, Ani. It was Nute Gunray."

Anakin: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Padme: "Just kidding. Force conception."

Anakin: "Okay fine, but if my kid comes out looking like a fish with a bad Japanese accent, there's gonna be a beatdown."

Seriously, the fact that Padme doesnt correct Obi when he asks if Anakin is the father at the end of Ep. 3, the fact that Padme bears the kids, AND that Darth Vader says "No, I am your Father (not Nute Gunray)", shows that they are natural babies.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

I don't know? Maybe Supreme Chancellor Palpatine called for a "private" meeting with Senator Padme. Then using his Jekyll-n-Hyde routine, had Darth Sidious erase her memory of the mitochloridian "insertion". 8O

Maybe Anakin isn't really the father 8O .

:lol::lol::lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Darth Vader: "Luke, I am your father!"

Luke: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Darth Vader: "Search your feelings! You know it to be true!"

Luke: "(searches feelings) Sorry, Darth. I'm getting Palpy, not you."

Darth: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Luke: "Hm..maybe we ARE related."

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Damn! I hate that..I ignore a thread untill I'm really bored..back read most the pages and realise I had a lot of opinion on most of the topics...expecially the Balance of the Force argument on like...the 3rd page. Oh well.

Nero wrote:

back read most the pages and realise I had a lot of opinion on most of the topics...expecially the Balance of the Force argument on like...the 3rd page. Oh well.

Use the "quote" option in the reply to reference what you're talking about and just post away. :)

Yeah, speaking of the "Quote" option (Not getting off topic here, or anything :roll: ) how do you scale it down to just a few words? Just delete the stuff you don't want?

12/14/07

DarthTofu wrote:

how do you scale it down to just a few words?

Just cut and paste what's important to your point. Everything else is a waste. 8)

OK, Luke Skywalker is growing up on Tatooine and Leia Orgunray, I mean Organa :) , is growing up on Alderaan. At what point does Luke say "Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, how come my last name is Skywalker and yours is Lars? You told me my mother died when I was very young, and my father was a freighter pilot. But which of them is related to which of you? And where are my grand parents? We never visit any of the relatives, do we even have any?

Conclusion: Palpatine is Anakin's father. Luke almost kills his father (Darth Vader/Anakin), who DOES kill his father (Palpatine-Luke's grandfather). Since Darth Vader/Anakin eventually dies (shortly thereafter), he was indirectly killed by Luke. Now jump a bit into the future when Luke's son Ben is in his teenage years:

Luke: "Ben quit bringing home weak-minded girl friends. Your mother is tired of finding strange clothes in your room. You're going to be the death of me"

The question is indirectly or directly? The Skywalker family history is for the sons to kill off the fathers. Just a thought :? .

Nice reasoning :lol: A bit, shall we say, manufactured, but still... Though I'm still wondering why Lars decided to say "Oh, yeah, you're dad was a freightor pilot, he wasn't a Jedi at any point in time" instead of just telling the truth. I mean, sure it would be tramatic to be told, to put this in our-world standards "Oh, yeah, by the way, your father was Adolf Hitler"* but still, Lars could have at least given Luke a half-truth, sort of like Obi-compulsive-liar-Kenobi does.

* That was in no way saying Hitler was good at the end. I think him evil through and through

12/14/07

Luke: "Ben quit bringing home weak-minded girl friends. Your mother is tired of finding strange clothes in your room. You're going to be the death of me"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Weak minded girlfriends, Mara is going to kill em.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

I dont see why Palpy couldnt be Anakin's father, but here is some other evidence that may lead against it:

Luke "Who was my mother?"

Owen (thinks to himself): "I probably shouldnt tell him that his mother was a Princess. He already wants to get off this darn planet enough as it is. I'd hate to think what he would do if he learned that he could have been royalty on Naboo (after all, how would Owen know that queens on Naboo are "elected").

Owen: "She died a long time ago. Her name was--hey is that a wamp rat chewing our moisture vaporators? Go take care of that!"

Later....

Luke: "Why was my father"

Owen: "A freighter pilot (thinks: Ha! A half truth! Obi-wan would be proud)"

Luke: "Which side are you related to?"

Owen: "Why, I'm related to--Hey! That wamp rat is back! Go get 'em!"

Later....

Luke: "Where are my grandparents?"

Owen: "I never new your grandfather. Your father was from off world, and we're too poor to leave the planet. As for your mother, she died in a Tuskan raider attack."

Luke: "Did you just give me a straight answer?!"

Owen: "Why, I guess I--go get that wamp rat!!"

Conclusion: The questions asked do not necessarily prove that Palpy is Anakin's father. Owen could explain most of them (even if he told the truth), but none of them really point toward Palpy being the father. Now, I have never read a single NJO book. As far as "my" star wars universe is concerned, the saga ends at "Crimson Empire 2". From what I understand, they're saying that there is no "Dark Side" or "Light Side" anymore, but I dont really hold that as canon, simply because Light Side users get the privilige of being Force Glowies. That and the movies dont support it. Whether we like it or not, there IS a hint of Jesus in Anakin's making. He was born of "God"(The Force) to save mankind from the Darkside (which he did when he threw Palpy off the shaft). Of course, unlike Jesus, we went to the Dark Side first, but we blame that on environmental factors. As I said at the beginning of the post, Palpy very well could be Anakin's father. But Qui-Gon also said that he could have been spawned from the Force itself, rather than Palpy. Like Lucas wanted, its up to interpretation.

That or else maybe his mother was an extra messed-up hermafradite, thus resulting in there being no father, technically. :lol:

*That wasn't meant as an insult to any hermafradites. If it was offensive, I appoligize.

12/14/07