Big disappointment about one thing

marine436

Well...how many planets are there? I thought the whole deal was that you had the whole galaxy to take over, and you and a friend could play and save, and play and save till it was decided?

Whats it really like? Cause if it's just some 5 planet crap, then I'll be really disapointed. I don't want to have to mess around with mods and crap because then I can't play it with anyone else that doesn't have the mod.

aderlar

Total Posts: 21

> > what do you want to know?

>

> How many time does it takes to build ships, buildings

> or travel to other planets ? is it really less than a

> day, such as in the demo ?

> Are ships instantly repaired after battle ?

yes at least the lower tech ships are built rather quickly (havn't goten to the higher tech ships) and traveling is much like the demo. And while capital ships are repaired instantly after battle you will lose fighter wings and ground troops if a majority of their unit is killed. 

Seems speeds in the demo where not as jacked up as they claimed.

well you have to use your imagination if you have 1 unit with 7 and 1 with 1 at the end of the battle they put the loaner in with the 7 and send 4 new xwings to bring it back up to 12, coruse these numbers are not the squad size's eaw use's i think there 7?

Not yet?

Wanna take $10 off the price till there is?  :D

Why do I always have to wait for add ons and stuff? I have $60 in my hand, and I am sooooo not sure. I'll admit, I usually just Pirate games (like all of you so don't turn me in) but I really wanna buy this one...but I wanna know if it'll hold my attention for more than a week.

Ya, but what am I gonna do till then?

I guess the problem is I have no idea what is being released as what. I'm a student dude, this $60 is going to require some kraft dinner feasts on my part...so you can understand why I'm leary. Plus I have spend lots of cash on games when I was a young buck and hated when I had to wait 6 months for an upgrade...(not saying your game sucks)

I'm sorry, I realize this is just personal mumbo jumbo....

Don't forget that you get an actual game with that sixty bucks.  :P

I'm a student as well, Crazylegs, so I know what your going through. I'm also a bit leary to shelve out my 50 bucks. However, I know I'm going to buy it eventually (this weekend by the latest) because I love Star Wars.

My verdict: if you weren't wowed by the combat in the demo, then I suggest that you wait until most of the forum gets the game. There'll be at least some player reviews cropping up over the next week. They should be a pretty good indication on how the game is, and if its worth buying.

Edit: The game uses XML, so modding is very easy. Players with the same version should be able to play with one another.

CONFUSE-A-CAT!!

You are right. I am getting old (28) and I have been buying games for a great many years and I have always had to shell out $10 here and $10 there for some upgrade disk that makes the game finally playable. I have honestly been stung one too many times by game companies and I could show you the box-o-games that just sit there because you can't really resell them due to pirating...so they just sit there.

I truly want this game to be awesome, but as the "reviews" start to roll in, there seems to be more people groaning about problems then excited. Even the initial reviews by the pro's seem to be addressing the same issues as many have said.

I played the demo both modded and not, and I presonally found that aside from the minor glitches it simply got boring. Now that I hear that there isn't a full 44 planet galaxy in multiplayer, and the build/space speed seems to be pretty much the same, I'm questioning if I really want to spend my cash, or just wait a few months and see how things pan out.

See, for me there are a few things that put up red flags for me. First, the Lucas website isn't updated. It doesn't even have the patch for download. And yes, there was a patch put out, but now people are having issues with the game not working at all after the patch.

I'm just not sure I'm ready to add another game to the land of misfit game box just yet. I suppose, what I want to know are the following questions from people that have played the full game.

1. Build times - are they better or the same? (space travel times as well)

2. Stable - Is the game stable in both single and multiplayer?

3. How fun is multiplayer? What are the limits/suprises?

4. What is the total planet number in multiplayer?

5. Is anyone noticing if the maps/battles are repeatative?

6. Does the "auto repair" actually effect the gameplay?

7. Is anyone noticing the pop cap?

8. Who is bored/frustrated already? Why?

9. Are there any suprises that weren't in the demo, that are in the game? (Like the Devs led us to think)

10. Putting all Star Wars bias aside, is it actually a good game or not?

Edited by crazylegsmurphy