A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be execute

sagboy

Okay thought I would stop by my local EB games and see if they had the game in early, which they did which was freaking saweet, so I bought it and took it home and loaded it up only to be greated by this msg "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed." So I check to see what I had running, which was literally nothing. I uninstalled Dtools, made sure ntohing else was running other than essential windows components, and I still get the error. I tried putting the shortcut into compatablity mode of win 2000 but I still get the error. Im kinda pissed off right now. Hear I spent 50 bucks on a game in which there own damn copy protection isnt even allowing me to play it. Keep in mind I dont have anything running or installed that would mess with copy protection like alcohol 120 or anything like that.

So nobody could spoil it for another person  :D

edit: What I meant was that nobody could get screenshots and spoil it for another person.

Edited by Ghostly_Substance

Im sry and I dont mean to be rude, but you did you even read my post? I had said that I didnt have any Dtools software installed so that would include any virtual drives to intefere with securecom. Ill try that unplugging from the net but I doubt thats going to do anything. Just fustrates ya when you pay for a product and cant use it.....

thanks for the replys though and sry if I come off as rude, just mad rightn now

Im sry and I dont mean to be rude, but you did you even read my post? I had said that I didnt have any Dtools software installed so that would include any virtual drives to intefere with securecom. Ill try that unplugging from the net but I doubt thats going to do anything. Just fustrates ya when you pay for a product and cant use it.....

thanks for the replys though and sry if I come off as rude, just mad rightn now

and honestly no i didnt read it because this was a huge issue with the demo too so figured would be the same. Do you have any burning programs like alcohol 120 or anything?

and honestly no i didnt read it because this was a huge issue with the demo too so figured would be the same. Do you have any burning programs like alcohol 120 or anything?

still didnt read did you?

Keep in mind I dont have anything running or installed that would mess with copy protection like alcohol 120 or anything like that.

One, they arent piracy programs, and two Im a computer science major so I think I should know if I have a program installed or not and what I am running on my box. I find it a little ridiculous for a copmany to release a software with such shitty software protection when a cunsomer buys a copy and cant even play it.

Other than the required services being run by windows there is nothing running, I have even tried this on a fresh install of windows....

Drive wouldnt effect it, having a sneaky suspicsion that somthing is lingering in the registery that it isnt liking.

He said he tried it on another system and worked fine, and he also stated he did a fresh install.

i have daemon tools (for legit purposes!) and most games that use securom work fine as long as u got the legit cd, if not there are ways to get around it (say u lost ur cd and had to use a backup thru daemon tools) but for legal reasons i probably cant go thru it here