Good Idea, need help

piojitoewok

Ok we all know how old school the multiplayer system is, well i know that M$ the zone used to handle mutliplayer they dont anymore, and ive searched high and low as to how you can make the game run and automatically setup a game thru tcp/ip im sure its a switch in the executable but try as i might i could not find anything about the game engine or the exec. does anyone know the switch??

i havent been around in a while, but i had to deal with school and other matters, but im back for the summer at least.

If i had a nickel for everytime i listened to you, I'd be in debt.

Good Idea

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

hmm that sounds good, but heres kinda what i was looking for, example

quake3.exe +connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

i know that with msn gaming zone they used to be able to host the lobby and then it would run the game with a variable or something that would connect you to the game automatically, thats what i wanted to know, does anyone know it??

I know what u mean but I didnt know the command line at the moment but i will see :wink: I have done this with counterstrike but its some time ago :(
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Counter-Poop (forums would probly block what i really want to say) more like it :P

i cant stand that game, anyways, if i can just find out what switch it is, then i could setup a simple program that if someone has a server, could make it possible for us to have a sort of match finding service, now that msn gaming zone doesnt think we're worth it anymore. i would contact them and ask, but its msn, i would give them my email for a reply and get 65 million ads a day :(