What format will EAW come in?

Teradyn_pff

Right, but my question was about box displays.  Right now EBGames only shows cdrom version.

I noticed that too the other day when I looked at EBGames, I think when the games comes out they will update the onfo to reflect that it's on DVD and Cd-Rom.  A game of this magnitude would have to be on more than one CD, just look at BFME it took four.  I can't see LucasArts not issuing the game on DVD as well. 

I just went by gamestop (is same as ebgames), and they didn't have any info on anything other than a CD... Is there somewhere someone has seen a US copy available for DVD for sure?

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

I spoke with Corporate office of Ebgames regarding this a week ago or so. they said they had no information at all regarding the format of the game.  Nowbased on what Petroglyph has said about the game formats and what we saw from pictures elsewhere. Id say Collectors edition is the 1 DVD and 1 Bonus CD and normal is the 2 CD that is planned for US

Well, the only thing that worries me is the display cases that gamestop had for the collector's edition and it showed to be PC-CDROM only.

I just looked it up on Amazon, and both versions of the game were PC CD-Rom.  Maybe this is an older pic of the game box and they have changed it for the Collector's Edition, but so far it's looking to not be the case.  Especially since if you look at the Collector's Edition for BFME 2, it clearly states DVD-Rom.

Well I called around to different stores and only one said the collectors was DVD and the regular was CD rom. So... Im thinking the collectors is DVD and the regular is CD rom.

For amazon though, I wouldnt trust the pics they have been there for a while.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Well I called around to different stores and only one said the collectors was DVD and the regular was CD rom. So... Im thinking the collectors is DVD and the regular is CD rom.

For amazon though, I wouldnt trust the pics they have been there for a while.

That's good to hear, this is one thing I couldn't be happier to be more wrong about.

The thing that worries me is that I thought that the US version would have both variants.  I just wanted to make sure that if that was so, that I got the DVD version.

Update- My gamestop rep wouldn't tell me much because the "Street Date" is tomorrow, but I gathered that they have the game in now, or will have it soon.  He still could not find anything other than PC-CDROM, so is this a done deal?  Petroglyph guys, could you tell us what your versions are since you have them now?

Edited by Teradyn_pff

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png