Music

lordstorm88

hey I don't know if this is ok. if not then delete the topic.

well I was wondering if anyone knows a good sound recording program preferably for free so that I can record the music from the demo. Its annoying to have to wait a few minutes till it gets to the part which I prefer. and no I don't mean to distribute the music; just for myself.

thanks, and sorry if this is not acceptable legally, again if its not, delete the thread.

Edited by Cain

Taking the music files and burning them to a disk for listening outside of the game may be illegal, but am not sure.  On the other hand, if you are wanting to modify what you hear in the game, then try this.  The music files are in mp3 format, just use one of the extractors to pull them out of the .meg files.  If you put them in the data folder in the directory they extracted out into, you should be able to replace all of them with the one you want and just keep the names, for example:  If you have 3 mp3s there (there are more, I know) 1.mp3, 2.mp3 and 3.mp3, you can delete 1 and 2 (if you prefer 3) and then copy 3.mp3 twice and correct the names to look like the originals.  This should make all of the music in the game the same (although I don't know why someone would want to do this).

Now on another note ( ;D  hehe, I made a funny), you may be able to take your mp3s and rename them to what is in that folder to have your own playlist.  So if you wanted Duel of Fates, you should be able to do that.

All this is a wash if there is file length checks in the game, but I don't think there is.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

uhm guys i meant the music from the EAW demo. its all in one data folder so its not on mp3's or something.

I meant a recording thing that records whatever sound the computer makes. not what you say to the microphone or if you have already normal mp3 or wav files. those are easy, since I've been around computers for like 12 years (im 17 ) ;)

Use Audacity, a free ware sound editing program.  Select "what U hear" for the input, and hit record.  Then open the demo and it will record everything that you hear, including the music, while playing. (Similar to FRAPS, but for audio-only capture)
"Wipe them out...All of them"

I had that on my old PC, nerver used it :-\, but it looked usefull

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

No the music files are in the .mp3 file format. You will have to get an extractor to get them though. They are located here

(Demo Folder) -> GameData -> Data -> Music.meg

You need a .meg extractor. But remember sharing/copying music is illegal.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

yeah I know. I already said it.

anyway, I just saw that EAW is coming in 17 in greece... it took warcraft 3, 7 more days to bring it from the capital city (athens) to the second largest city thessaloniki ( 1 million populace for goodness sake!) so I hope it will be available in 17 here too.