About Hyperspace

Guest Scathane

Hyperspace is really a way to talk to our most loyal fans, the fans who love Star Wars the most...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Hyperspace is really a way to talk to our most loyal fans, the fans who love Star Wars the most...

• Sure. These guys have costs as well, you know!
    • Yeah right! And Mon Mothma is actually Padmé in diguise!
    • Duuhhh?!

Guest Scathane

On their website, http://theforce.net had an interesting article:

Following on from his provocative Hyperspace story last week (click here), Peter Howell has written a new article for the Toronto Star which features fan reaction to Hyperspace, and some comments from Lucasfilm spokesperson John Singh. Here's an excerpt:

Singh read my column last week on the Web, and contacted me to elaborate on why Lucasfilm feels it has no choice but to make Starwars.com a partially paid site. In his view, it's just good business sense to start charging for premium offerings. There will still be 7,000 pages on Starwars.com available without charge, he says, with more to come.
    "Everything that was originally on the Star Wars Web site for free is still going to be free," Singh says.

"Hyperspace is really a way to talk to our most loyal fans, the fans who love Star Wars the most. It's a way of saying, "There's a lot of content you've been asking us for, and here it is.' On the other hand, we didn't want to bog down the casual fan with stuff that wouldn't be interesting to them. It's the best way to keep everybody happy, and it amounts to literally a nickel a day."

You can read the rest of the article here. They had this same poll about it. I wonder whether we will get different results...

Anyway, my answer's no way!!!

Stupid idea... I imagine that it's the result of a survey starwars.com sent to their members... It asked questions like: Would you pay for a special membership, to get access to bonus material, etc.?

I imagine something like that was to come. The starwars.com Homing beacon, the newsletter, reprted news of the prequels some eu stuff, books, etc. now most of it's contest have a huge H. and when you click it says: Hyperspace area. Sign up just for $....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

There's no way I'm paying for something like that. And I have a feeling I'm not the only one that feels like that.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

It's going to be a sad day when we find out that we have to pay to see updates from the new Star Wars movie. :(
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Never! I will never pay for that! (I don't have the money to spend) :wink: . But really, I would hate to pay for something like that.