Why did Anakin become Darth Vader?

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

Well: why? I think this is an unexplained issue so far. I understand that Episode III will probably explain a lot of that stuff, but even so, I feel that the main motivator in Ep I & II isn't clear. I mean, why is Anakin so emotionally unstable in these movies? Because he hasn't got a father? Because of his love for Padmé being forbidden? Because he misses his mother? Because he's been a slave? Why?

Your views please...

I think it's a combination of many factors. No one event will cause a person to turn bad or evil, a whole sequence of events must first take place. Much like the prelude to WW1, there are many different factors which will affect the eventual outcome in any given situation, so i would say that all the reasons you have mentioned so far play a vital part. My guess that the final straw which will break the metaphorical camel's back will be something to do with Amidala. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane
I think it's a combination of many factors. No one event will cause a person to turn bad or evil, a whole sequence of events must first take place. Much like the prelude to WW1, there are many different factors which will affect the eventual outcome in any given situation, so i would say that all the reasons you have mentioned so far play a vital part. My guess that the final straw which will break the metaphorical camel's back will be something to do with Amidala. :)
You're right, of course. Let me rephrase then: which of the 'incentives' I mentioned was there first, you think?

Good question. Based on Epi II, there doesn`t seem to be any one thing driving him to the dark side. I think Lucas was trying to show that in Epi II, but all I saw was a spoilt teenager that needed a good kick in the ass...

However I would guess that the theme that will come out in Epi III is the whole part about Obi Wan not giving him his due. You`ll notice Palpy is already stroking his ego in Epi II. My guess is Doku is going to get wacked and then replaced by Anakin.

..well put Glandry dude, I believe you're on to GL's thread...

Palpatine, as stated in the opening lines of the original Star Wars book, as the manipulater behind the Old Republic's collapse, through manipulation, and as the saga later reveals; the seduction of Anakin Skywalker to, also what is revealed, the dark side... Palpatine's affiliation with the Dork side wasn't revealed untill ROTJ...gibberish? ...errr... ELVIS! Moderate me quick! My fingers are loosing the plot! Help!!

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Those factors certainly made him fall to the dark side. As I put somewhere else the prequels show the evolution of the dark side as Yoda described it. Fear :arrow: Anger :arrow: Hatred :arrow: Dark Side.

Ep I, Anakin is a fearful kid, Ep II Anakin is an agrny teenager that needs his ass to be kicked. Ep III Anakin is a young man in pain, manipulated by evil Palpy and hates Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Why?

- Obi-Wan Kenobi discovers Anakin's marriage and offers him to leave the order or threatens him to denounce the marriage, Anakin gets angry and battles him

- In ep II anakin was angry when he mentions that Obi-Wan is holding him... This I suppose will be essential to anger the kid further.

- Dooku. A man that cuts your arm is the kind of guy you definetely have to hate.

- Palpy. He was the fatehr he never has. His tips are better than Kenobi. After all Ben was the father that taught him, and Palpy the dad that protected him.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
He becomes Darth Vaser because chicks dig jerks.

From personal expierence *rubs face* that girls do not like jerks they like nice, kind men.

Well folks, i think we're running out of steam here, so unless anyone has any serious points about Skywalkers conversion, I shall lock this topic soon. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away