EAW New Space Maps Ver 1.0

------------------------------------------------------------------

"EAW New Space Maps" by Chris C a.k.a Imperial Droid, Orzel

chris@pctechpro.net.com

INTRODUCTION

I was bored when playing the demo constantly with one and the same asteroids map so I decided to take a look at the existing maps and create new maps based on original map from “vergessoasteroids”. I have removed most of the asteroids leaving large empty space. I also added different star backgrounds for each new map blue, red, purple etc. There is also star size combination like large, medium, small, cinematic etc.

I didn’t feel like assigning all 3 new space maps to all of the planets you need to do this yourself. Basically you need to add new map names to planets.xml like _Space_Planet_Tuptus_01_blue.ted or _Space_Planet_Tuptus_01_red.ted etc. Depending on what space map you want a given planet to use. You need to copy Art/Models folder to your data main root directory where you installed your EAW demo. Example

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Demo\GameData\Data

A directory structure with new folders would look like this where all new 3 maps must reside in map folder.

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Demo\GameData\Data\Art\Maps

So the full game is spouse to be out in about 2 to 3 weeks if I find more time I will make more interested maps but I’m limited somewhat to the demo. I found some cool new map effects so I’ll try to add them in the next version. I’ve tested all maps and didn’t find any bugs. If you find some bug you can e-mail me chris@pctechpro.net

This is version 1.0 with 3 new space maps.

PS. If you like my new maps and what to use them in your mods please mention me Chris C

“IN LOVING MEMORY OF TUPTUS”

Download link

http://www.pctechpro.net/files/eaw.htm/

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2329/sweaw2006012704491282purple4xg.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7227/sweaw2006012704491470purple8ps.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1531/sweaw2006012704492743purple5vd.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2952/sweaw2006012704530159red7hy.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7439/sweaw2006012704563873blue4ae.jpg

Edited by Chris C

opens lotsa questions, i don't really like the red one as i can't imagine anything being red...blue and purple to a degree are somewhat realistic :P

by realistic i mean it looks as if it was real the red just seems off somehow - maybe it's a too bright red?

Necro,

Well it depends I’m not a scientist per say ;) dealing with colors and space spectrums but this is Star Wars and in it you’ll find many wired things not necessary realistic as what we know as realistic in our world (universe).

But as far as realism take a look at the hubble space telescope and see its pictures of the universe from NASA you’ll see all kinds of colors. 

Cain,

Done deal take a look at your PM

Cool then :)

The Warlord Mod will have a two members team :) Pls suggest and even do changes you may see fit - I will be away for a while.

We should start a Warlord work topic so we could keep track of each other.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Awesome job, I shall download and play them.  One question though, are you able to do the same thing with the ground maps because I am sick of tattooines map.  It's too darn small and the other map shouldn't even be in the game because it's so small.  I really, really, really.....reeeeeaaaalllyyyy hope the final game don't have maps that small.

Anyway, good work.

ok, something weird just happened.  I clicked the download link and it keeps sending me to microsoft.com.  I eventually typed the link in the address bar and got to the download page.  I don't know what that was about, could be because I'm using firefox or something.

MastaSpoofa,

Yes it is possible to create new land maps as well but since the full game is out in about 2 weeks I don’t think I’m going to make any new land maps for the demo version of EAW.

Raz92,

Ok if you want the easy way and you wan to use one purple new space map instead of the original “_space_planet_vergessoasteroids_01.ted” space map. You need to rename my new space purple map “_space_planet_tuptus_01_purple.ted” to “_space_planet_vergessoasteroids_01.ted” without these “ ” then all of your original maps will become new maps.

If you want to have different maps for each planet then you need to edit each planet in planets.xml and edit this one entry for each planet

Here goes the name of new space map

There is two know ways of doing this. The easiest one explained above and the more difficult one (more time consuming)  with replacing each planet with new space map.

If you use original demo not modified in any way the first method will work only for vergessoasteroids space map. However, if you use modified demo that replaces all of the planets with one and the same vergessoasteroids space map then that purple map will be visible on all planets. Now if you want to have combination of original vergessoasteroids space and the new 3 space maps then you need to replace each planet with the space map you want.

PS. Hope this helps you.