Tell me why you don't like EAW, and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

burnstuff

Seriously, I don't see what is wrong with this game. I play games not for star wars realism, but for fun, and I think Petroglyph pulled it off nicely.

Gameplay: There is amazing strategic depth in the demo, first off with building the right fleet to take down the imps, then in attacking Tatooine, which I must say was not as easy as I thought it would be. I can't wait to see what a real galactic strategy will involve, and I don't mean the mods, which are mostly 1-dimesional, untested, and buggy.

Graphics: The graphics, turned up all the way, are pretty damned good. And as for scale, this is about as realistic as you can make it without losing sight of the action, which would be pretty boring, just seeing the capital ships and having no visible fighters.

Maybe it's because I'm a huge C&C fan, but I cannot see what's wrong with this game.

Oh yeah, and if you want a realistic game that's no fun to play, I hear Rebellion is out there for you.

Well, these are mostly your opinion on how the game design should have been.  Others will argue that the accuracy of EAW in not correct.  Others still will complain about particular points in EAW.

The important issues are ones that have to do with the current design as no one is going to change anything much between now and release.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

I don't like the elitism of your post, nor the way you bash another game (rebellion) as you declare your undying love for this one.

You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to trample on the opinion of others and state your own opinion as fact.

Please come back when you learn to express yourself in a more adult manner.

In addition....I like Empire at War, and have it pre-ordered. But it isn't perfect, and I still don't like your post.

this seems like some thinly veiled flaming but I'll ignore that  ;)

I only have 1 major problem and that is scale.

And as for scale, this is about as realistic as you can make it without losing sight of the action, which would be pretty boring, just seeing the capital ships and having no visible fighters.

That would be why we have that neat little thing on the mouse called a mouse wheel that can be used to zoom in and out. So you can still see the fighter without screwing the scale up.