Superman = superjerk? Suggestions sought.

Teradyn_pff

Here is a post he made in response to the tournament signup thread:

Ummmmmmm fun?

Empire at war is an uneventful game, if I wanted to play a starategy game tournament I would go with one of the Age of empire games, (Even #1 is more intertaining then EAW)

so I am not in on this whole torunament thing, this game is for only the biggest star wars nerds, not a skilled video gamer

This thread is clearly not for discussion of the game and I this seems to be a direct attack on the fans of EAW.  The last sentence is what I am referring to.  This is a post I would expect to see on LEC forums, not here.  Suggestions welcome.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Here is a post he made in response to the tournament signup thread:

This thread is clearly not for discussion of the game and I this seems to be a direct attack on the fans of EAW.  The last sentence is what I am referring to.  This is a post I would expect to see on LEC forums, not here.  Suggestions welcome.

That is hurtful  :-\ Should be careful how he/she words it since well, Teradyn got offended and so did I.

Oh oh, you mods should check out IPs, I had a sneaky suspicion and I may be on to something.

Looked at Superman's IP and look:

IP Address          Display Name

158.91.101.3  Emperor Cheeseman, Superman

It is the Lucasarts forum  ;)

Other users using this IP:

Otto von Bismark

Beowulf

GIR

Very interesting.....all problem posters....hmmm

So either they are all friend's using a school IP:

ZENWSIMPORT.phs.provo.edu

Or are the same person.

I am almost confident that they are friend's just being jerks. Because while they have all used the same IP, each one has a main different IP. So they probably post from school and also from home. That is just my assumption.

Any input?

Edit: ohhhh how convenient, check this out, there is about 20 of these in Superman's IP file:

158.91.101.3  Guest  Password incorrect - Otto von Bismark

?action=login2

158.91.101.3  Guest  Sorry Emperor Cheeseman, you are banned from using this forum!

Harassing, negative

Caught red handed?

I banned his school IP so I dont know whats goign on unless their school computer acts like dial up creating new IP.  ::) Yes red handed  ;D Need more proof tho since my IP changes a lot and says i'm from Kitchener when i'm actually in Ottawa.

for those who have seen Super Size Me

Sue The Bastards!

or in this case, BAN

honestly, if they write a deliberate attack on EAW and are being counter constructive, they know perfectly well what they are doing is wrong and should be banned.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Now they are all under the same IP

158.91.101.3  Beowulf, GIR, Emperor Cheeseman, Otto von Bismark, Superman

Definitely all from the same school:

Beowulf

bulldogs.phs.provo.edu

Otto von Bismark

ZENWSIMPORT.phs.provo.edu

student.phs.provo.edu

Superman

bulldogs.phs.provo.edu

GIR

bulldogs.phs.provo.edu

Even found their schools crappy website:

http://www.phs.provo.edu/

From Utah? hmmm

Edited by Nevets

Ok Otto is now flaming Delphi:

What the devil is HM? Hobo man?

And why do you say...with the route WE took? You're not a dev, you're just some dude that runs this site. And as for not using home world's perspective in games, that is utter bull sh**. Rebellion uses the same camera angle.

It doesn't sound like you've even played homeworld, and if you have then you probably sucked at it.

I'm going to edit it.

banning...........got 10 min to stop me

Nobody stopped me in 15 min so gonna ban him, now for how long? Two Weeks or forever ?

Edited by Ghostly_Substance

Ok I tried to ban this IP

And if it doesn't work then well........might only work for one user banned at a time.

edit: Rereading some of his post it seems weird to just ban him  :-\ Just me and CnC right now.

edit: Rereading some of his post it seems weird to just ban him  :-\ Just me and CnC right now.

Why is that? Superman is worthy of atleast a 3 day ban. Flames, spams, dumb comments. Otto, while looks like he some times tries to be constructive is prone to flame and make childish comments at members.

Why is that? Superman is worthy of atleast a 3 day ban. Flames, spams, dumb comments. Otto, while looks like he some times tries to be constructive is prone to flame and make childish comments at members.

I banned Otto for 2 min then had a second thought then I pointed at Superman to get banned......I"m confused right now need to staighten my brain out...........damn you overcast.

Well, if they are all truely one and the same person, or friends, you have to ban em all.  And from the evidence presented, this seems like the only option.

I made a whole bunch of posts yesterday trying to reign them in, but to no avail.  These guys or this one guy is/are determined to be an asterick... ;)

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

What I hate the most is pushy people who tell me to ban people in a snap and even on msn. If your happy I rebanned Otto and got Superman banned as a result of an IP conflict. Cheesman is still banned. Also email is something to do with Cheesepuffs so its the cheesy group.

edit: Now that I can think I see GIR is also been banned.

Edited by Ghostly_Substance