Model Scale

in the demo their is no accurate scale at all, the millennium falcon is 1/3 of the size of a star destroyer, the AT-St's are to Small (or the other units are to big)

do you think they should reformat the scale of the models, or just realease the game even with all it's problems.

User banned. -PFF Admin

The scale is something that has been a contentious point from the very first videos.  I know that the designers have had notes in their data files about correcting the scales, but their corrections may not make everything 100% true to SW.  This is a tough balancing act because you don't want the fighters to be only evident as Icons because that would be like going back to the way Rebellion did it, at the same time, though, you want the Largest units in the game to be small enough to be realistic in the maps that exist.  The Vergesso Asteroids is basically the only map that anyone has played (although I have played another map which I think was taken from a scenario given its unit starts), and it seems pretty small given the size of the Star Destroyers and Mon Calimari Cruisers in the game.  The smallest units need to be smaller, but to keep them the same size (which is pretty small when zoomed to the max distance while still keeping the menu bar) would mean that you need to make the capital ships even larger which makes them even harder to fit on the map.

I think you will see some scaling differences in the final version, but possibly not.  I do know that you will have an almost 0% chance of having the Millennium Falcon be the correct scale to an ISD.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

in the demo their is no accurate scale at all, the millennium falcon is 1/3 of the size of a star destroyer, the AT-St's are to Small (or the other units are to big)

do you think they should reformat the scale of the models, or just realease the game even with all it's problems.

Superman, its a few pages back but Cain posted some pics of what the game would look like if they didn't modify the scale.

Thead

Superman, its a few pages back but Cain posted some pics of what the game would look like if they didn't modify the scale.

Thead

Theres your help and my 2 cents to add, its the gameplay that matters  ;D

If you wanted the Millennium Falcon to be visible at all and be the proper scale, the ISD would be so large that it would have a problem fitting between the middle asteroid and the two sides in the Vergesso Asteroids map to get at a defending Starbase.  And at that size the starbase would have to be bigger too.  The ISD would be withing firing range of the Starbase on entering the system and visa versa.

In the famous words of a little dog from Taco Bell: "I think we need a bigger map."  ;)

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png