Luke Skywalker Easter Egg

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

Okay, there you have it: Hugh Sider, the former programming lead at Coolhand (who were responsible for Rebellion) has asserted that there is a Luke Skywalker Easter Egg in the game. The problem is that Mr. Sider doesn't seem to remember the how and what.

Therefore, I pose this question to you guys: has anyone seen it?

Didn't he mention something about Luke being on Tatooine? :? Perhaps all those members who are Rebels should have Mr. Skywalker take a quick trip to that back-water, desert planet (no pun intended) for a weekend excursion. Then again, I may be wrong...again. :?

Yep, he said it involved going to Tatooine.
I'm curious to find out, but I've never played Rebel. Could someone try send Mr. Skywalker to Tatooine and trying to find out? Then again, it may be an inactive easter egg.... Sorry to be the pessimist....

Guest Scathane

Yep, he said it involved going to Tatooine.
I'm curious to find out, but I've never played Rebel. Could someone try send Mr. Skywalker to Tatooine and trying to find out? Then again, it may be an inactive easter egg.... Sorry to be the pessimist....
I'm going to send the dude to Tatooine...

Guest Scathane

And there you have it! You send Luke to Tatooine. When he's there and you send him somewhere else, he says:

"But I was going into Tashi Station to pick up some power converters!"

And there you have it! You send Luke to Tatooine. When he's there and you send him somewhere else, he says:

"But I was going into Tashi Station to pick up some power converters!"

Ah, yes, the old Luke Skywalker whine. My dad uses it when one of his soldiers whines to him, so it has become infamous here. :twisted:

Your dad's a Star Wars fan as well, then?
Yes, not as much as us, but he knows more than the average human (a little more than the average fan, at that/aswell).

Now, we have unconvered one of the secrets in Rebellion. We are one step closer to be enlightened! :D

Scathane, can you be more specific. I`ve played the rebels a hundred times and never noticed Luke making that statement, so it must be a specific series of events that kicks off that statement. Of course, he always starts on Tattoine so I have to move him eventually.

When Luke is on Tattoine and I move him to another planet, he just says `you got it`. If I send him on a mission he just says `right away`.

Thanks.

Scathane, can you be more specific. I`ve played the rebels a hundred times and never noticed Luke making that statement, so it must be a specific series of events that kicks off that statement. Of course, he always starts on Tattoine so I have to move him eventually.

When Luke is on Tattoine and I move him to another planet, he just says `you got it`. If I send him on a mission he just says `right away`.

Thanks.

Send him away from Tatooine and then, eventually, back.

Thanks.

Actually Glandry, Luke starts on Yavin. I have never sent Luke to Tatooine so as soon as I get home tonight I will try it. Wasn't there a Leia Easter Egg aswell?

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

The Luke egg is definately there (as a farmer); the Leia lines I guess never made it to the final game because about a year ago I tried everything to get her say what you hear with resource hacker...I mean everything...including having her her imprisoned on the Death Star etc.
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

3 steps guide line on to get that line...

1) Get Tatooine

2) Move Luke to Tatiooine

3) Send Luke on mission

and voila one Tashi station line!

it was actually the first Easteregg I found in the game when I first played it (a month or so after it came out)

At that time I always thought that I should play as true to the movies as possible so I moved Lando, Leia, Han and Luke there to simulate Han's capture, then I sent him on a mission and... the line was invoked :D

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

That Easter Egg was discussed a while ago, in some other thread...
So the Luke Easter Egg information was already known before hand. Sigh....

Has anyone tried having Leia inprisoned aboard a Death Star and then sending a rescue party that includes Han and/or Chewie? :? That's the impression I got as to what we have to do to get that particular Easter Egg to work...though I may (again) be wrong....

OK I got the Luke easter egg to work. The first time I tried he was a Jedi Master and did not say the line. I guess at some point in his life he stopped whinning...

He seems to say the line before he goes to Dagobath...

Guest Scathane

No need to post it twice. We got you...
Oops. :oops: If our dear moderator would be so nice as to delete the second one for me, I would appreciate it.
Why are you asking Elvis. If it's your last post in the thread, you can delete it yourself... :?