Fleet Movement

Have you ever sent a fleet to a planet, then, realizing your stupidity, cursed yourself for the remainder of the time it took for it to reach the planet and be destroyed? 

My point is, in the final game, will there be an option to "abort movement" and turn your fleet around before it reaches its destination.  In the demo, once you move your fleet to an enemy controlled planet, there's no going back, even if you realize that your fleet will be crushed. There needs to be an "abort" option to prevent this.  (NOTE: This isn't very noticeable in the un-modded demo with its short transit times, but the real game will have lengthened transit times, giving you a chance to change your mind on an assault)

"Wipe them out...All of them"

Yea that happened to me a few times, it was mainly because I clicked on the planet I wanted to send too, but i didn't "highlight it" and they were sent to the last planet I was looking at.

Since it was only the demo it didn't bother me too much, in the full game I would be annoyed.

The only thing that will probably prevent this is just saving the game often.

You'll just have to be extra careful in the real game  ;). Though also the real game will include a retreat option in space that you'll be able to use if you make this mistake. Though, as long as Grand Moff Tarkin isnt in your fleet  :) and as long as other factors dont prevent retreat, i.e. Interdictors.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Good point.  I gues it's not very realistic for a fleet to do 180 while in hyperspace. lol. It shouldn't be much of a danger to retreat, as the enemy wouldn't have nearly enough time to close with your fleet to do it much damage before you retreated. ;)
"Wipe them out...All of them"

While that certainly has happened to me several times, I think I personally perfer there being no 'stop fleet' command.  One reason is the following scenario:

1. Your enemy sends a fleet of only ships (leaving his transports behind and protected).

2. He destroys your space station.

3. You, upon hearing that another enemy fleet is inbound for your planet (the one that the enemy just took the space of), send your fleet to take back the space field.

4. Assuming you win that battle, the enemy's ground force is going right into your clutches.

Of course, that's just a possible scenario.  A better reason is because the no stop fleet command forces you to be really careful in your decisions, which I also like.

Zing!