Lucas Forums Q&A

OMEGA

The Lucas Forums site was given a chance to answer some questions, just as we have in the past. Here's what the response to their five questions was:

Here are the answers! Hope it's enough detail for you.

QUESTION 1: Who is doing the voiceovers for some of the hero characters in the game? -Vatter

The majority of the heroes are voiced by sound-alike actors, though we have a few recognizable ones. All of the sound-alike actors did a great job, and some of their performances are hard to tell from the original characters.

While we were recording lines for Boba Fett, Temuera Morrison (the actor who played Jango Fett) happened to be in the building recording for another product and he agreed to read the lines for us. During Empire-side auditions we found someone who sounded identical to General Veers. By a twist of fate, he turned out to be Jamie Glover, son of Julian Glover, the original actor who played Veers in The Empire Strikes Back.

And of course, “sound-alikeâ€

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

While we were recording lines for Boba Fett, Temuera Morrison (the actor who played Jango Fett) happened to be in the building recording for another product and he agreed to read the lines for us. During Empire-side auditions we found someone who sounded identical to General Veers. By a twist of fate, he turned out to be Jamie Glover, son of Julian Glover, the original actor who played Veers in The Empire Strikes Back.

:D:D:D

:D:D:D

I thought it was pretty neat to see that Glovers son has taken over doing Veer's voice.

There is also, of course, the self-destruct of the TIE mauler which does some heavy damage to objects in the vicinity.

Holly crap, Tie Maulers can self-Destruct ? :| I can now imagine people using them and flooding the Rebels with it then go BOOM.

:roll: About the voice acting quote above, sweet :P

Voice acting is a lot better than I had expected it to be, and it's great news that Mr. Morrison decided to lend his voice to EAW (he was exellent in SWBF2), as well as the son of the real General Veers. They must have spent a great deal of time and money recording all those lines to make for the most realistic Star Wars experience. :D

Can't wait for co-op LAN parties and online games with my clan! We shall squash the scum united!! :twisted:

Natives do not concern me too much, but it sometimes is necessary to take them into account. The wookiees are definately on my "must have" list, but the only diplomacy I need is the Emporer. I think his Force corrupt power will prove to be quite useful. :twisted: I will be sure that they'll be on MY side when the time comes. Ooh, goo-grenades!! Im shaking in my little space boots!!

Ah, so there is a self-destruct after all! This will make for some interesting tactical scenarios! 1000 TIE Mauler kamikaze run anyone? :twisted: Those scum will never take my stations either!

Artillery is a necessary asset in my opinion, so I expect to see tons of them in space and on the ground, especially when I don't have a Star Destroyer or two to spare to protect my posts.

All in all, great info! I am very pleased with the way this game is turing out, and can't wait to finally get my hands on the demo wednesday. :D:D

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

Did anyone not notice there is no diplomacy?

Yea I created a new thread on this. Since a lot of the Mods were planning on adding to this idea this is going to hurt.

Hopefully the mod creators will be able to figure something out.