The Cantina and the Merchant space dock

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/GhostlyPolovnik/Cantina.jpg

So the cantina looks like a place to get vehicles and troopers aint it. I see a rusted vehicle on the doorstep and a vehicle to the left side. If this is where the Rebels get their vehicles then destroy every single Cantina of theirs. 8) Well seems like a nice recruitment place just needs a nice paintjob 8) Also the Cantina can heal health right? Twi'lek dancers :P Anywho.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/GhostlyPolovnik/merchantdock.jpg

The merchant dock description said you can hire them but cant control them? Well isn't that nifty. So I can hire independent captains to help with protecting the planet? Pretty cool if I do say so myself. But you cant control them? O well at least they can help with protecting the space sector 8)

I think its cool that u cant control them so u wont have to micro manage them its pretty realistic u say heres some money go blow up as many SD as u can any means necessary that would be kinda cool so is the cantina where the bounty hunters come from or do they come from somewhere else

"Nothing beats a good blaster at your side"

Han Solo

My screen name online is (PFF)Jedi_Mike

careful with your double posting :) Yes it be nice since after all you hired them and if you bug them they might not listen to you next time try to hire them? :roll:

In Single-player campaign, Cantinas are used to hire smuggles and bounty hunters.

In multiplayer skirmish tactical, Cantinas are used to hire unique units not flagged for either side. Cantinas must be controlled by the player first before units can be purchased.

Merchant docks are only in multiplayer space tactical. These allow you to hire ships not flagged to either side.

Delphi-PG

Game Designer/Community Rep

http://www.petroglyphgames.com

not flagged to either side.

Like new ships not used in SP ? Pls. excuse my poor enghlish skills.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

you have to control the planet where the cantina is? or is it a buildable buidling? (excuse my poor english too )

I don't think it is buildable. In the multiplayer skirmish he's saying that you must first capture the building to use it to buy stuff from.

Well Merchant Docks and hiring as many as you need would really be odd since I would be expecting some sort of catch besides not controlling them. You know hiring like 5 so you couldn't take advantage of them? Well thats just me but doesn't really bother me if I could or not :roll: Well it sure would help the defence of your planet while you go attack or take over another planet :twisted:

Hiring smugglers? The game gets more interesting as more info pours out :) Smugglers, used to steal money from enemy planets and transport it back to you. Also used to increasre trade profit from planets. Dont quote me but i'm guessing its goin to be used this way :P Bounty Hunter? Boba Fett owned with his flame thrower and anymore of those each side is goin to get stung :P I like all these twists and turns :)

Meh, was rushing my post since I believe I saw something on tv last night? Oh ya my anime friday :P Anywho how would the mercenery outfitter work? Get normal mercs with guns and give them armor and stuff like that? :roll: Kinda interesting. Well guess we'll find out in the demo.

In Single-player campaign, Cantinas are used to hire smuggles and bounty hunters.

I guess that answers your question. :) As far as SP skirmish we don't have an idea, but I'd imagine it to be the same as for MP skirmish.

no... my question is, how do you get this building? do have to build it or is it unique building on some planets and u have to capture this planets?

I guess that answers your question. :) As far as SP skirmish we don't have an idea, but I'd imagine it to be the same as for MP skirmish.

no... my question is, how do you get this building? do have to build it or is it unique building on some planets and u have to capture this planets?

You have to capture it of course. I think that all ground maps may have a cantina on it somewhere. Can't see this happening on Hoth though. :lol:

Hopefully Delphi can come give us a little nudge on this one. ;)

I wonder about hutt place is that where u get to hire the hutts i wonder if thats ists only function i bet that it does something else too, at first i thought it was where u hire bounty hunters but it seems that the cantinias are where u do that

"Nothing beats a good blaster at your side"

Han Solo

My screen name online is (PFF)Jedi_Mike

how can you hire the Hutts i think it would be on TAtooine and Nal Hutta and you go there to try and convince them to give you a loan when you need one. and they would rebel against imperial rule as even though they bribe the empire the non free ttrade would mean that they would have to pay more and they would eventually try to be subjected as an inferior species.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!