Name/Encyclopedia text length help

darth_ramoth

i need help, how do you change the text length in the encyclopedia. imcreating a new card and im running into the problem of either the name is to long or the encyclopedia is to short.

any help on how to lengthen the name/encyclopedia text length would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Darth_Ramoth

Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey to the dark side will be complete

Hi ramoth, if my site would be running at the moment, I could tell you to get the patch there, so I've put it here.

You simply replace the original dlls in your Rebellion dir with these and you should have enough space for long names and descriptions for character cards.

Be sure to backup any your images and card texts. Due to the nature of this patch, you'll have to import the pics and description texts manually with RebEd, to be able to add more to them.

Btw, members from Australia are rare here, so could you tell me, if Steve Irwing is still shooting new episodes of 'Croc hunter ?' . He's just awesome :D

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

cool, thanks alot mate, the patch is muchly appreciated

now onto the Steve Irwing (aka the croc hunter), it seems he is more of a success overseas then he is here...everyone i know thinks he is a complete idiot but he seems to be a hit in america. but anyway onto your question his website (http://www.crocodilehunter.com) does suggest there will be another series.

Darth_Ramoth

Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey to the dark side will be complete

Americans have a soft spot for crazies with inappropriate surpluses of confidence. If we didn't, the home shopping network would never have succeeded.

You could also use ResHack to open ENCYTEXT.DLL to edit the encyclopedia directly, and STATEGY.DLL’s string table directory to edit names.

cool, thanks for that tip, i have reshack on my pc and the patch as well now so theres no excuse for me to run out of space.

Thanks guys for your help its greatly appreciated.

now a question thats just for curiosity, is there an absolute limit on how long the names or encyclopedia can be?

not that i have intention of writing a novel length description for a card, that would be silly :twisted:

Darth_Ramoth

cool, thanks for that tip, i have reshack on my pc and the patch as well now so theres no excuse for me to run out of space.

Thanks guys for your help its greatly appreciated.

now a question thats just for curiosity, is there an absolute limit on how long the names or encyclopedia can be?

not that i have intention of writing a novel length description for a card, that would be silly :twisted:

Darth_Ramoth

well I haven't met the maximum length yet so I don't think that there exist one...

what I usually do for Official and EU chars from the books is that I go into StarWars.com and finds their description copies it into an notesbook file and then copies the entire text again and places it in ResHack (the copying into Notesbook is to remove any html links that could exist, ResHack CAN make HTML tags and such if you just copy it directly from the page)

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

The patch aloving long char names is great, BUT...

is there a way to get the characters name to the middle? The patch causes to start the names on left.

That's why I never used the patch, I altered the names manually with ResHack :(

Sorry for the late reply ramoth.

After almost one year of watching Steve, my mother is still shaking her head, everytime he picks up a snake at the tail, or swims with alligators. But I think he's far from being crazy, he's the one closest to understanding all these animals, I think that's why he's still alive :lol:

LaForge, sorry to disappoint you, but every text in SWR starts at the left border. You could in theory insert blanks, but that would be a lot of work. Maybe with tool, that can do this automatically... :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

The names are centered, but the empty spaces you dont use are making it look like it's not.

Use ResHack as described above to delete the extra spaces at the end of your entry.

If you do that, you will not be able to change the names to anything longer than the new names unless you put the spaces back.

It might be easier to just put half of the empty spaces in front of the entry.

• 1 month later...

Okay so, um, this is gonna sound innane, but I take it 'the patch' doesn't affect the names and encyclopedia entry lengths for ships/fighters, right? So ResHack would be the way to go to edit them then? Pardon my ignorance, but as I'm a noob at dealing with ResHack, which .dll's are the entries found in, and is there a set procedure to ensure that everything appears correctly?

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

8O8O8O

Whoa! Much obliged for the walkthrough. That was a LOT more detailed than I expected, but I'll probably need all the info. I'll give it a shot tonight and over the next few days and let you know how I fare. Thanks again, Pucho777!

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics