Direction Empire at War is Going

Darth Andrew

Do you like the direction Empire at War is currently heading?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the direction Empire at War is currently heading?

• Yes
    • There is still not enough information; I'm undecided.
    • No

With all of the recent hullabaloo over the Venator and other important issues, do you like the current direction EaW is taking?

For me, I'm still sitting on the fence. Even with all the unit setbacks, I still think this will be an awesome game, but I'm going to wait and see how this all turns out. :wink:

This is probably going to be a real pecimistic and complaining topic. *sigh*

But as for me....Give me Liberty or give me death! (as in the Mon Cal Cruiser Liberty)

It's a round about way of saying: This game is going to rock! You get to fight in space and rename your ships! Whoot! And you get to fight on ground too! Double whootness!!!!

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Im really undecided at this point. I know this game is gonna be super awesome and I am really proud of petro for making a Star Wars RTS. But it seems that Lucas Arts hasnt really done a good job marketing. Today they release a new Venator screen with the dev diary and also today they announce its cut. I was really looking foward to the Venator :(. But I know this is gonna be a great game. Im upset at Lucas Arts, not petro. Petro has done an awesome job and I applaud them.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I think it is sad that the repair list for modders just for the listed timeline alone is apparently longer than the current feature list of the game itself...

If you want the release date to be delayed a couple of months or years, they could fix that! Do you really want to wait that long?

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

I think it is sad that the repair list for modders just for the listed timeline alone is apparently longer than the current feature list of the game itself...

If you want the release date to be delayed a couple of months or years, they could fix that! Do you really want to wait that long?

erm.... didn't they already have like 2 release date pushes?

This is a shot in the dark but isn't the repair list for modders made of mostly EU stuff? sure than could be some real stuff on there like the TIE interceptor and B-Wing but EU stuff like darktroopers and dreadnaughts. If they cut the EU crap they could make the game in shorter time and still have it turn out well.

[if I'm wonrg about the repair list for modders just tell me, don't bite my head off]

They have had three actually. Originally it was coming out fall of 2005, then Feb. 8th (I believe somewhere around there), and then now feb. 16th.

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Ehh, despite my occasional bitterness, I am still very excited about this game. I guess my bitterness manifests because I was one of the first people here who was aware of this game's development from the get-go; we had very high expectations for it. I suppose modding will solve most of the problems, but you can't escape the fact that despite how the game in concept is going to be very flexible and innovative, it could have been made a helluva lot better.

I won't bite your head off but I will set you straight.

The repair list of my mod(and probably others which will pop up later) is putting in the Ep 5 and 6 things first. Not EU stuff which I know you hate.

Secondly there is EU that is more believable than others. Dreadnaughts for example.

Personally my "Repair List" for the mini mod we're making in addition to the main mod is to make sure all movie units from 4,5,6 are in first and foremost, recreate the battles in those movies(like hoth) and lastly include SUPPORTING EU to fill the sides out to give them diversity and to REMOVE the made up ships that are in EaW(such as the Tartan).

So what you'll get in the end is a mini-mod(not the main one) that stays true to the movies but also gives you some supporting Eu ships such as Dreadnaughts, Lancers and Carracks, which are as close to canon as you can get.

Thats my piece, you don't have to agree with it, but you asked.

there comes a point where i wish they would just release it and then have patch's to fix issues that come up rather then the release date keep changing and fixing before ship, cause no game released can have more release bugs then civ 4

Are you going to remove the MTLP-2a or whatever that super missile launching thing of death is for the Rebels???? Please don't!!!!! It's so cool! the missiles are mesmorizing!

Their (either LEC or Petro, not sure who the driving force is behind most of the negative changes lately) original direction has to be true or no amount of delays will help anything. You can't substitute lack of vision by adding more time.

I think the sooner it is released and subjected to the "true" vision of Star Wars via mods (not all, but some seem to be on the right track), the better.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

They have had three actually. Originally it was coming out fall of 2005, then Feb. 8th (I believe somewhere around there), and then now feb. 16th.

They Had Four Release Dates: Fall 2005, February 7, February 23, and now February 16...lets hope there isn't another one :D

the Third Release date in your list is what DMUK said not an officially released date but i know what you are saying about changing it but i dont think it matters as long as they Produce a Decent Game that has everything that is promised in it.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

I Support the Resistance!