ISD or Imperial Star TIE Factory ?

Cain

How will you like your ISD to be ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How will you like your ISD to be ?

• Like it is now but to be able to carry troops on it too.
    • To be able to spwan unlimited number of TIEs with time spawn restrictions.
    • To be able to carry a limited number of TIEs and like the rest of the fighters and the TIEs to be produced in shypiards.

As you always know the ISD in EAW will have an infinite number of TIEs that he will spawn session after session - limited only by time.

So anyway who wants to see the ISD with a limited number of TIEs and also able to carry troops ?

And if you really want to see the best ISD ever - just take a look at this pic :

http://fractalsponge.net/ISD/gallery/ortho.jpg

I now think that the EAW ISDs need more details :wink: Make sure you enlarge the picture!

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I think the Star Destroyers should contain their "canon" compliment of tie fighters/bombers/etc and troops. Or in the game terms, the same number of slots as would accomodate these units.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Yeah i dont like this special ability, i would prefer something like "Overcharge" allowing them to fire all their weapons at once and make them a little more powerful for that shot
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

i honestly think that the TIE's shouldn't be built in the SD as that was never part of there thing. they should be built in a Land Based facility.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

Ties shouldn't be built on Star Destroyers but they should rebuild Tie Fighters from spare parts from battle as in repairing them you know but the way Petro made it is also good :roll: . Star Destroyers should carry troopers but when its going in for a landing leave the job up to the landing crafts. Well thats my opinion anyways, I choose number 3.

In other words ISD will cary tie fighters made by a factory PLUS in battle be able to make new one's as a special skill thats on a timer.

People are assuming that the only fighters a ISD has are the ones it makes in battle.

But if that is the only way to make fighters then the empire is doomed as the rebles will fighter spam at the start and overrun them.

I don't mind the Empire having twice as much fighter capacity, as they had in Rebellion (ISD held 6, Cruisers held 3) because rebel fighters were twice as good as Imperial ones and it balanced very nicely.

If you take away the Rebel fighter advantage you are pretty much handing the imperial players the game.

Look at the fighter advantage the Empire has so far. Rebel fighter squadrons cost 1 population cap point each, imperials none. And now they want the Empire to be able to spam Fighters? Are rebel fighters really going to go through ties so easily that the Empire needs both to keep up? If so, the Rebels might as well build corvettes because I haven't heard whether they take up population points either.

This could be the reason we don't actually see many rebel fighters in Screenshots or movies, they might not be worth it. I mean, all an Imperial officer has to do is get a few ISDs together and just keep all the fighters in back while he just keeps building more and when he grossly outnumbers the enemy fighters, do a wave attack. Unless the timer is going to be long, this is what I believe will happen in multiplayer games.

I believe that either,

A) All ships should have their cannon compliment.

B) When you build a ship with fighter capacitty you should be able to choose that ships fighter compliment. But the ships should still be limited to the number of squadrons from cannon.

In either case, when you repair the ship after combat, all fighter losses should be replaced...for a fee.

I think the timer should be like 10 minutes at least. from what I've seen it takes like a minute to destroy a big starship so 10 minutes might be ok for big battles.

Keep in mind that was a trailer, you dont want to sit infront of your screen for however long it takes right? Well you might but you wont learn anything or not much anyways :roll:

actually it wasn't exactly a trailer.

I was talking about that ISD that attacks on its own with its fighters a mon cal. well it seems pretty reasonable how the shields were falling down. plus from other games like xwing (even though the fighters there are.. well overpowered by far) it seemed pretty reasonable.

yes there sure is..... in rouge squadron 3 A single X-wing can destroy 3 Star Destroyers and run straight into the gound and receive only a dent in the sheilds

sounds like king kong, not an xwing to me. if I remember correctly the hardest for you to destroy cap ships was in xwing vs tie fighter, where the cap ships would actually shoot where you are headed towards and not where you are at the time they are aiming. how weird was that anyways?

Back to topic now

Well after all Imperials might have had a prototype Tie maker onboared so every piece of resource they find in the battlefield they send into that prototype and Tie Fighters later come out on a timer of course ;) Or a mini Tie Factory :roll: