Stacking Fleets

jedi mike

I had a idea because u can have 3 fleets at a planet this gives u alot of tactical options

first in ur first fleet have many fighters and bomers just say a huge fleet of 5 SD come ur way take ur bombers and tak out shields and fighter bays use ur x wings to destroy fighters once their hevay ships are taking alot of damage then u bring missle and capital ships to finish off the SD i think this will work because the SD are much better then Mon calamaris but when ur Mon cals get to the battle the SD shield will be down and u just finish them off

Thoughts

:wink:

"Nothing beats a good blaster at your side"

Han Solo

My screen name online is (PFF)Jedi_Mike

If this can be done it will add so much stragety mabe u wont send in ur SD first mabe send some scouts because if u send a big fleet this tatic should work well

:wink:

Han Solo

• 2 weeks later...

no offense, but the SD commander woud have to be a dunce to barge in with 5 SDs, no fighter cover and no intelligence.

Besides, a real commanders fighter would shred your bombers, that and a "huge" fleet isnt 5 SDs, thats not even a standard planetray assault group.

Support ships /\ like he mentioned, for example anit fighter frigates will pwn your bombers unless your moncals come foreward to deal with them, and thus now he has drawn you towards his supperiour ISDs

now thats what I call stratagem :wink:

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/6843/cygnussiggy5dn.jpg

www.cncnz.com

Fenton

Yes i know that was just an example and 5 SD is a big fleet in this game because u have a 20 pop cap and SD take up about 3 So thats 15 pop cap with 5 left for support ships untill the mods 5 and 6 SD will be big fleets

But anyways my fighters might get torn up but their caps will be hevely damaged when my mon cals get their with some suppot ships and it will be no contest plus loosing fighters is a small price to pay for taking out a fleet of SD any other suggestions i would appricate :D

Han Solo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...