Thoughts about Corusant and Rebel HQ

Well i've been watching the Clone Wars mini-series special and well Corusant looks big enough for battles even though theres narrow streets and tall buildings. There was areas where Mace Windu and Yoda fought around and even near the elevator when General was chasing the Jedi guarding Palpy.

Well I don't know how Petro/Lucas will end up making Coruscant but if its a place of battle then Imperials should be able to have an advantage of numbers and battle strength since afterall they get a boost right. Coruscant is the Imperials homeplanet so it should be different then the other planets special right? So boost and special power would only be useful on Coruscant. Large numbers + defence bonus on Coruscant then + stealth and information gathering for the Rebels :roll:

I edited my message 20 times tryign to make what I said sound right before posting.

edit: My point is that fighting on Coruscant in story mode would be nearly impossible against an AI but a player it might be slightly easier from human error but still. Even if you breach human error there will be another barrier that will block you or should block you, AI people on the home planet that got brainwashed to hate the Rebels.

firstly: Clone Wars cartoon sucks

on topic: You mentioned rebel HQ? Well I imagine that like in the movies the rebels will be on the run making small bases on planets and always ready to pack up and move at the first whiff of an Imperial.

But the thing about the Imperials and corusant makes sense. Some sort of bonus is needed. Not something nonsensical like a boost of stats but maybe some extra reinforcements or local help or something like that?

First of all: Oh, great. Another complainer. :roll: Clone Wars was a different experience for Star Wars but in a very good way. It was exellent and very well made for a cartoon. You're just too closed-mided to see that. And if you're going to make such a bold statement in the future ,*cough* EMMY AWARDS! *cough* I suggest that you at least tell us why you think it "sucked".

Now on topic: I personally can't wait to play on Coruscant cause I'm a huge urban combat lover, and it is one of my favorite Star Wars planets. "Well guarded" is an understatement! If I was really an Imperial Admiral, I would send my entire fleet back there just to ensure it's defence. I hope I will never have to defend it, but if the Rebels get too bold, you bet i'll be there giving 'em Hell! :twisted: :twisted:

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

I'd guess the Rebel headquarters would be Dac (Mon Calamari). It was the "heart of the Rebellion" after all and had a constant fleet-presence to deter the Empire from attacking.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/StarCruiser.jpg

Mon Calimari wasn't 'freed' until way after Yavin, though. Or rather, they didn't openly revolt against Imperial occupation until after the events at Yavin IV. I wonder if you have to rescue Ackbar from slavery under Tarkin to recruit him...

The rebel main base will most likely be Yavin IV in the story campaign. I say this because that is really what the story campaign leads up to either the destruction of the Death star over Yavin or the destruction of Yavin.

Hopefully you can pick your own HQ in galatic conquest or it may be choosen at random, or of course it could be a set planet.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Wasn't Alderaan the starting base for the Rebels? If Rebels diplomiced other planets wouldn't their HQ be filled with many races that would help the Rebels out?

Same goes for the Imperials since after all Imperials have one huge city that never sleeps with all those......aliens......and Guards and Security forces. I'm not telling Petro what to do just seeing how Coruscant will deal during battles.

i think the imperials will start out with alot of planets and the rebels will start out with dantoine or yavin or mabe alderaan or mabe all 3 depending on witch senerio u pick kind of like battle front 2

8)

"Nothing beats a good blaster at your side"

Han Solo

My screen name online is (PFF)Jedi_Mike

i think that the Rebels will start with the planets that are inately Rebel so that would be Mon Cal. Dantooine and Yavin. they wouldn't have Any of the Core WOrlds as the Emperor was extremely defensive of them.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

The rebel main base will most likely be Yavin IV in the story campaign. I say this because that is really what the story campaign leads up to either the destruction of the Death star over Yavin or the destruction of Yavin.

Hopefully you can pick your own HQ in galatic conquest or it may be choosen at random, or of course it could be a set planet.

This is most likely the cans since the campaign mod ends with the battle of yavin.

Probably is Dantooine, since it starts a few years before, that was one of their first bases and could very well be the starting point.

Dantooine was indeed the original. There had apparently been a big stroke of luck when they decided to move over to Yavin 4. Hence why Leia mentioned that place, knowing it was deserted and stuff. :)

I hope its random for the rebels because if its always the same that mess up the rebels advantage of being stealthy but the imps should always start on courscant

:wink:

"Nothing beats a good blaster at your side"

Han Solo

My screen name online is (PFF)Jedi_Mike

First of all: Oh, great. Another complainer. :roll: Clone Wars was a different experience for Star Wars but in a very good way. It was exellent and very well made for a cartoon. You're just too closed-mided to see that. And if you're going to make such a bold statement in the future ,*cough* EMMY AWARDS! *cough* I suggest that you at least tell us why you think it "sucked".

since when did you become a psychologist? the freakin cartoon looked like it was made on flash player, the animation makes the characters look retarted and a lack of detail and texture don't really help it out too much. The only reason it got those awards is well becasue it is star wars which is the only reason it happens to be mildly entertaining.

Back on topic. since the rebels don't have the mo cals yet they could still have a fleet as their base, you know of like frigates and whatnot

How can the clone wars cartoons suck? I would go as far to say it was even better than EPI and EPII. The cartoons were well done, the only thing I really didn't care for was the exageration of battles. The story its self I believe was much more star warsy than the prequel movies.

I would like random bases for the rebellion as well tho. would make more sense.

random bases :P, they did that in Rebellion. One time i played as the Empire and sent my starting fleet to the rebel planet right above Coruscant, and won the game because it was the Reb HQ
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

How can the clone wars cartoons suck? I would go as far to say it was even better than EPI and EPII. The cartoons were well done, the only thing I really didn't care for was the exageration of battles. The story its self I believe was much more star warsy than the prequel movies.

/agree

since when did you become a psychologist? the freakin cartoon looked like it was made on flash player, the animation makes the characters look retarted and a lack of detail and texture don't really help it out too much. The only reason it got those awards is well becasue it is star wars which is the only reason it happens to be mildly entertaining.

Since when did you become such a critic? Again, another blind statement. You still fail to see the only real thing that matters, which is the story. I suggest you judge that before you accuse it of sucking just because of the way it looks. By the way, it looked awesome and I don't recall Episode I and II getting awards, and those were just Star Wars. :roll:

Back on topic:

I agree that the Rebel base should be random as well, but it should be well out of reach of Coruscant and other Imperial holdings to start off. Then the Rebel player should convert nore planets closer and closer to the heart of the galaxy and take them over time, as opposed to just being on some random planet that could end up being right next door to Coruscant.

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

Okay let's all get back on topic now. Anymore discussion about the TV series will be deleted.

I personally want to see the rebel base be set in the story campaign, but in galatic conquest you should be able to pick out of a set of planets what you want. Or, random works for me as well.

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

:lol::lol::lol: Delphi could probably win a 7v1 skirmish against us since he's played so much. Well maybe not, but he'll be hard to beat (not that I'm going to try because I'm bad at RTS games).

Anyway I picked Coruscant because I truly think that, from the space picture I've seen, it looks like the Coruscant I have imagined from reading the books, although I can't say anything about the ground because I haven't seen it yet.

Then if I cant beat him i'll recruit someone so we can win that prize of his :P

Well I like city battles as I said earlier so thats why I like it :) Think of the places you can hide in :P

I hope its random for the rebels because if its always the same that mess up the rebels advantage of being stealthy but the imps should always start on courscant

The Imperials should begin with quite a number of worlds! It's simply the same Republic territory with a change of name. :)