Empire at War - The multiplayer question

Lonegunman1947

Is Empire at War going to contain a good multiplayer part? Because frankly iam not going to buy it if its just singel player.. and after b&w2 iam very skeptical about producers saying yes there will a multiplayer option in interviews and then releasing it without multiplayer, because they need money for a another game?!

Iam really looking forward to Empire at War, but without a very good multiplayer mode i dont think its worth it.

So do you guys know anything about it? if it will be only skirmishes like Rome Total War or a more C&C based skirmish? Or even if one can play with allot of star systems and fight the battles like in Imperium Galactica: Alliances?

And if this has been posted before please write a link.

Thanks

Is Empire at War going to contain a good multiplayer part? Because frankly iam not going to buy it if its just singel player.. and after b&w2 iam very skeptical about producers saying yes there will a multiplayer option in interviews and then releasing it without multiplayer, because they need money for a another game?!

Iam really looking forward to Empire at War, but without a very good multiplayer mode i dont think its worth it.

So do you guys know anything about it? if it will be only skirmishes like Rome Total War or a more C&C based skirmish? Or even if one can play with allot of star systems and fight the battles like in Imperium Galactica: Alliances?

And if this has been posted before please write a link.

Thanks

We don't officially know if it will have multi-player,. and if it does we don't officially know what it will use. I'm also too lazy to find a link.

Hope it has direct IP which Battlefront 2 doesn't :( Battlefront 2 and BFME 2 Beta both contain Gamespy, its good but it doesn't contain direct IP for quick joins and private ones.

Ya i'm also waiting for the promised Skirmish and multiplayer patch for Black and White 2. They should have had it in the game already or at least have a patch released recently. If they aren't going to release it they shouldn't have promised it. Ruining a good game to :(

Empire at War will DEFINATELY have a multiplayer, man. It's been confirmed, double confirmed, and triple confirmed. :D I personally can't wait to go up against one of my clan members in a Galactic Conquest, and team up on the 8 player skirmishes.

ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!! 8)8)8)8)

P.S. I just got Black and White 2 for Christmas, and I agree with you guys, it's a great game already, but multiplayer could have added a lot to the experience.

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

The multiplayer sure sounds nice.

a i'm also waiting for the promised Skirmish and multiplayer patch for Black and White 2. They should have had it in the game already or at least have a patch released recently. If they aren't going to release it they shouldn't have promised it. Ruining a good game to Sad

I would never have bought it if i knew it didnt contain multiplayer, i dont really have time to throw villagers around all day. The battles of B&W2 wasnt that great either, and i hate convert spells... oh very fun battle, all of my soldiers were converted and nobody died...

Theres a brief multiplayer outline in a recent Q&A I did. Link in my sign

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

Theres a brief multiplayer outline in a recent Q&A I did. Link in my sign

DMUK

Ohhh - come on - you can copy paste the info ;) (* I do remember one DMUK who edited my posts when I was posting on .net - loll) :D

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

i believe the Q&A is on here somewhere

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

i believe the Q&A is on here somewhere

DMUK

Nope - I don't think so ;) I personaly waited for you to have the honor to copy/paste it .... from what I remember.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

The average we have here for a 5 planet campaign multiplayer game is about an hour. The largest one has about 25 planets - I could see that one lasting a week with two good players. You can save multiplayer games in progress of course.

-DT@P

silly thing wouldn't quote....o well. Heres an average for multiplayer games for campaign.